TiVo Opens Up Two New Boxes for Cable
- Analyst: TiVo Pursuing New Partners. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/22/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p8
The article reports on the transition of TiVo from a set-top firm to one that is licensing its software to satellite and cable companies in the U.S., which is pursuing new partners for its technology according to Merriman Capital managing director Mark Harding.
- Finance briefs. // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p42
Reports on the financial performance of cable television companies in the United States as of November 1, 1999. Includes TiVo Inc.'s financial performance for the third quarter of its fiscal year 1999; Mediacom LLC's acquisition of Zylstra Communications Corp.
- Cord-Cutters Awash In New Solutions. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/8/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p4
The article offers information on the Roamio OTA cable television system from TiVo Inc.
- Plug & Play:. // CableFAX Daily;7/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 138, p2
The article reports that TiVo needs to ensure that one-way digital cable ready products will continue to work with cable systems that use switched digital technology. TiVo is concerned that subscribers in the U.S. with a competitive entrant unidirectional cable product will not have access to...
- Over-the-Top Rises to the Top. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;9/21/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p12
The article focuses on growth of the over-the-top television services, or internet television, citing strategies of the cable company National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) for managing the services, as of September 2015. It states NCTC has changed its priorities due to factors like...
- TiVo Beefs Up Content with Weekly Show. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p44
Reports that personal-television-service provider TiVo Inc. has launched its first original-programming venture `TiVo Takes,' which will be updated once a week. Use of the proprietary interactive `Ipreview' technology; Delivery of the interactive programming by way of Pax TV; Percentage of...
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p24
Presents stock reports for various companies from the U.S. cable industry as of November 18, 2002. Surge in share value for Tivo Inc.; Top five percentage gainers in the industry; Top five percentage losers of the industry; Changes in multimedia index.
- TiVo Bows One-Stop Set-Top Box. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/8/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the launch by TiVo in the U.S. on March 3, 2010 of the TiVo Premiere and Premiere XL set-top boxes, which are devices that deliver cable programming, movie streams, and video and music downloads.
- SHOWTIME PUSHES TIVO RECORD BUTTON. Hettrick, Scott // Daily Variety;05/16/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 52, p15
Reports on United States-based cable television network Showtime's business deal with video recording technology firm TiVo as of May 16, 2000. Details of the business agreement; Company background.