10 OLYMPIC PREDICTIONS
- Sochi Raises the Bar for NBCU's Sports Cabler. // Variety;1/22/2014, Vol. 322 Issue 14, p18
The article considers the impact of its role in television broadcasting of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games on NBCSN, the sports cable television network of mass media industry firm NBC Universal.
- What Olympics? McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/18/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 39, p22
Highlights the programs aired by cable television networks in the United States to compete with televised broadcasts of the Olympic Games 2000. VH1's staging of its television/Internet convergence play; Request on viewers to vote for a pilot program they want to be developed into a series; MTV's...
- USA GOES FOR GOLD. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/3/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the selection of USA Network as the cable television home of the U.S. Olympic team for 2004 by NBC. Coverage of Olympic trials by the network; Length of the broadcasting of track and field trials; Offer of a more coverage of the Olympics by the network.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Olympics push Seven to ratings top. Woods, Mark // Variety;8/19/96, Vol. 364 Issue 3, p33
Reports on the impact of television coverage of the 1996 Olympic Games on Australian television network Seven's ratings performance.
- TNT's low-risk Olympics. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/16/98, Vol. 128 Issue 7, p11
Presents information on Turner Network Television ratings for the Olympics held in Nagano, Japan. Reasons for the low ratings; Comments from Turner Sports spokesman, Greg Hughes.
- Parkinson leads ITV's fight for ratings. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;9/10/2004, Issue 37, p2
The article reports that broadcast directors are scrutinising this year's autumn programming schedules, as the TV stations fight for position ahead of the forthcoming negotiation round. The autumn period will be particularly crucial for ITV, which has seen dramatic falls in its share of...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.