- Pricier movies, minis in works at Showtime. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the cutback in the number of original movies by Showtime from 35 to 24 a year in the United States. Plans to allocate larger budget percentage to original series and expensive movies and miniseries; Variation in the network's license fee on the movies.
- Turning 10, NY1 Gets $30M New Home. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p3
Reports the relocation of headquarters by New York 1 News television Network in the United States. Schedule for the relocation; Value of the headquarters; Celebration of the tenth year anniversary of the network.
- Students learn to shop at the market. Argy, Stephanie // Variety;04/26/99, Vol. 374 Issue 10, p41
Focuses on the CNBC cable television network's `Student Stock Tournament,' a semester-long initiative aimed to helping student learn about investing in the United States and Canada. Practice of teamwork in the competition; Goals of the competition; Number of participants during the event's 1997...
- Friend to animals in Hallmark's herd. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;9/4/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 19, p8
The article reports that Hallmark Channel has acquired exclusive cable rights to "Jack Hanna's Animal Adventures" from Litton Entertainment. As part of the deal, Hallmark also acquired digital-distribution rights to the series on Hallmark-channel.com, and for distribution under the Hallmark...
- New coin for Sony net. // Daily Variety;07/14/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 28, p16
Reports the investment of Capital Inc. in Sony Entertainment Television in India.
- Radio One Nears NUE-TV Investment. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p126
Reports the investment plan of Radio One Inc. with New Urban Entertainment Television (NUE-TV) network in the United States. Financial problems of NUE-TV on its business operations; Comments of Radion One chief executive officer Alfred Liggins on the plan; List of NUE interested investors.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Latin Notas. Lannert, John; Bitar, Marcelo Fernández; Ross, Karl // Billboard;03/27/99, Vol. 111 Issue 13, p64
Presents news relating to Latin music for the week ending March 27, 1999. Scheduled broadcast of the 1999 Latin Music Awards on the United States Spanish-language network Telemundo; A three-year distribution deal between Sony Discos and Prestige Records; Scheduled critique of musicians by...
- CSTV Adds $37M in Capital. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the equity financing secured by College Sports Television in the U.S. The cost of investment received by the network from JPMorgan Partners is given. The opinion of executive Brian Bedol on the issue is presented. The states where digital rollouts will begin are also listed.