You Inc.: Building a Career for the Future
- CAREERS. Shackell, Sherilyn // Marketing (00253650);12/1/2013, p110
The article presents career advice to markers for 2014. The author advises taking a few hours of undisturbed time to write down what one hopes to accomplish during the next six months. Other recommendations include finding some senior mentors, actively pursuing training opportunities, and...
- Picking the right person for your mentor. Bushardt, Stephen C.; Moore, Roy N.; Debnath, Sukumar C. // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Summer82, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p46
Discusses the criteria for selecting a mentor for career development. Role and responsibilities of a mentor; Statistics on promoted employees with mentors; Ways to have a good mentor-protege relationship.
- HELP SHAPE EQUAL ACCESS. // Training Magazine;Jan2004, p4
Reports on the call of the British Learning and Skills Council (LSC) for training and human resource professionals to comment on its plans for better access to training or education courses in 2004. Details on the legal responsibility of the LSC to ensure the promotion of equality of...
- GIVE YOURSELVES A COMMERCIAL BREAK. Sparrow, Stephanie // Training Magazine;Nov2003, p5
Introduces a series of articles on employee learning and development.
- HBR Guide to Getting the Mentoring You Need. Business, Harvard // HBR Guide to Getting the Mentoring You Need;1/3/2015, p1
The Harvard Business School Publishing title HBR Guide to Getting the Mentoring You Need offers a comprehensive manual for professionals on how to attract sponsors, learn and move up in their fields, and later become mentors themselves. A variety of authors have contributed to provide a diverse...
- Choosing An Industry Focus. Caron, Lana B. // Sum News;Fall2007, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses an informal survey of individuals in various public accounting firms in the U.S. on choosing an industry focus. Findings revealed that regardless of the position, respondents had either a strong opinion or a strong desire to learn more on the topic. Respondents asked on the...
- COUNTY PROGRAM FOR ADULT GUIDANCE SERVICES. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Sep63, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p39
The article presents information on county program for adult guidance services. A description and progress report of a county program of adult guidance is now available. Guidance Services for Adults, a 38-page booklet, describes the program developed in the past year in Pinellas County, Florida,...
- Sugar coating. // Money Marketing;11/17/2011 Supplement, p9
The article presents some of the issues that need to be considered while choosing mentors who ensure that recruits are developing professionally. It is important for the mentors to have the necessary knowledge, experience and business acumen as they make sure that a person's personal and...
- Editor Mom. Lapinski, Susan // Working Mother;Sep2005, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p12
Presents some career advice from a number of working mothers. Suggestion to embrace one's heritage and culture; Getting a mentor; Establishment of own company; Giving others a chance; Helping others find their strengths.