Small-Town MSO Suddenlink Thinks Big
- Suddenlink: Seizing Next Opportunity. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p18
The article focuses on the plan of Suddenlink Communications Inc. to acquire another cable operator in the U.S. Company president Jerry Kent explains that they are planning to acquire a cable operator that has 500,000 to 1 million subscribers. However, he asserts that they are also considering...
- Suddenlink's Kent Draws $2 Billion Bet. // Multichannel News;7/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p4
The article discusses the 6.6 billion U.S. dollars investments made by the Jerry Kent, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of the company Suddenlink Communications. It informs that Kent's investment keeps the core management team of the company in place and provides a highly profitable...
- Bridget Baker, Jerry Kent Top 2012 Vanguard List. // Multichannel News;4/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p30
The article announces awards given to executives including the 2012 Vanguard Award for Distinguished Leadership to Bridget Baker of NBCUniversal Media LLC and Jerry Kent of Suddenlink Communications and 2012 Vanguard Award for Cable Operations Management to Jill Campbell of Cox Communications Inc.
- Top Tiers. // CT's Pipeline;8/26/2008, p2
The article focuses on the best practices of Cox Communications Inc., Insight Communications Inc. and Suddenlink in the U.S. It tackles the financial performance of each company in 2008 and their mergers and acquisitions activities. The business strategy and purchasing decision of each company...
- Gigabit everywhere? Not quite. // CED;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p6
The article reports an announcement regarding Gigabit broadband services by telecommunication company Google Fiber and American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) for cable operators. Topics discussed include comparison in announcement by Google and AT&T for expansion in cities, acquisition of...
- One-Stop Shopping for Business. NEEL, K. C. // Multichannel News;4/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p12
The article focuses on the combination of selling advertising and commercial services business units into one which makes Suddenlink Communications as a one-stop shop cable operator.
- 30 YEARS OF 'SUDDEN' SUCCESS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p14
The article focuses on the success of Jerry Kent, chief executive officer (CEO) of Suddenlink Communications in the U.S. Kent said that he resigned as CEO of Charter Communications to stay away from pressures of the corporate world. He is responsible for the success of Suddenlink and he...
- Jerry Kent: No Longer Screams. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p68
The article announces that Suddenlink Communications chairman Jerry Kent will be given the 2012 National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) Vanguard Distinguished Leadership Award on May 23, 2013 at the Boston Convention and Exposition Center.
- Suddenlink to Buy Northland. // Multichannel News;10/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p25
The article offers information on acquisition of certain systems of cable television firm Northland Communications Inc. located in Texas by cable broadband service provider Suddenlink Communications.