Allen Offers legacy.TV For Comcast to Consider
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- Basic launch for Philadelphia sports channel. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p81
Focuses on Comcast/Spectator's decision to launch its regional sports channel SportsNet for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area subscribers as a basic cable network. Reason for the move; Reaction by some cable operators to the move; Features of the SportsNet channel; Comment by Andrew Walton,...
- Comcast's 105 wideband tier in front of 40M homes. // CED;May/Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the launch of DOCSIS 3.0-based Extreme 105 tier by Comcast Corp. in April 2011 in the U.S.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p4
The article presents information on the launch four new minority-owned cable channels in forthcoming two years by cable operator and home Internet service provider Comcast.
- Bashing Comcast:. // CableFAX Daily;4/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 78, p2
Reports on the complaints of a group of Muslims against the excessive pricing of Comcast. Role of Bridges TV on the issue concerning the excessive pricing of Comcast; Remarks from Islamic House of Wisdom chairman Mohammad Bazzi regarding the issue.
- Comcast Adds a Family Tier. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on a family-tier television programming of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. as of January 2, 2006. Discovery Channel and Nickelodeon Games & Sports are included among the cable networks in the family tier. One of the characteristics of the selected networks is limited live...
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p4
The article informs that Comcast Corp., a cable operator, is to launch four minority-owned television networks on its cable-TV systems.
- COMCAST FAST LANE. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;02/27/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 61, p6
Details the financial performance of Comcast Corp. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Impact of the fast rollout of digital cable services; Number of subscribers; Increase of cash flow for the shopping network QVC.
- Scrambled signals in the TV world. Cohen, Warren // U.S. News & World Report;7/25/94, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p43
Examines how Ralph and Brian Roberts, the father-son team which heads Comcast Corp., mounted a surprise takeover of the QVC home shopping network. How the move, which scuttled a CBS-QVC deal, jolted the media and financial worlds; Comcast's offering; Why Comcast's move on QVC may have changed...