No More Borders
- Bahrain revolution defies repression. Iltis, Tony // Green Left Weekly;4/4/2012, Issue 917, p23
The article discusses the protests that took place on March 27, 2012 at the funeral of Ahmad Abdul Nabi related to human rights violations in Bahrain.
- Violent protests in Tunisia put rule of law centre stage. // IBA Global Insight;Apr2011, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p9
The article discusses the violent protests in Tunisia that have highlighted the country's rule of law as reports from human rights organizations detail the alleged use of torture, harassment of dissidents and stifling of the media.
- My Day at the Salute to Israel Parade. Siegel, Rich // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Aug2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p67
The article reports one the "Salute to Israel" parade in New York City that was held on June 6, 2005. In view of the litany of human rights violations committed by Israel, the author has a personal view that Israel should not be "saluted" but rather protested energetically, and so found the...
- BAHRAIN-REFORMS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);11/28/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5228, p19
The article reports on the announcement made by Bahrain to set up a commission to implement reforms after an inquiry reported systematic rights abuse during the government's crackdown on pro-democracy protests in 2011. It mentions the U.S. decision to delay its arms sale to Bahrain in case of...
- On Staten Island, a march for peace and unity. Shabazz, Saeed // New York Amsterdam News;7/31/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 32, p3
The article offers information on the march for peace and unity in Staten Island, New York City in July 2008. The march commemorates street murders in the borough. Over 300 concerned citizens, clergy members and activists marched from the local playground in the community where Najea Smith lived...
- Protest Planned at Wharton over Modi's Dis-invitation to Speak. // India -- West;3/22/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 18, pA14
The article reports on the plan of the Americans for Free Speech to hold a protest University of Pennsylvania campus on March 23, 2013 as they react to the dis-invitation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi from the Wharton India Economic Forum due to allegations of human rights violations.
- COPS SHAKE DOWN MEDICINAL POT JOINT. // Xtra (Toronto);4/22/2010, Issue 665, p11
A photograph of a demonstration in Toronto, Ontario on April 11, 2010 led by individuals who were charged during a raid of the Cannabis As Living Medicine (CALM) medical marijuana centre on March 30, 2010 is presented.
- MARCH. // Washington Informer;9/2/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 46, p38
Photographs depicting several demonstrations in Washington, D.C. including the Beck's Restoring Honor rally at the Lincoln Memorial which showed low participation percentage of the Black people and the "Reclaim the Dream" rally at Dunbar High School where District of Columbia (D.C.) Delegate...
- Education rally. // Eastern Door;9/24/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p5
A photograph of a contingent from Kahnawake, Quebec who participated in an educational rally in Ottawa, Ontario is presented.