High density lipoprotein-cholesterol changes in children with high cholesterol levels at birth
- Apolipoprotein D Regulates Triglyceride and Cholesterol Metabolism. Perdomo, German; Qu, Shen; Slusher, Sandra; Kelley, David; Dong, Henry // Diabetes;Jun2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 56, pA234
Apolipoprotein D (apoD) is an atypical apolipoprotein belonging to the lipocalin family and is mainly present in high-density lipoproteins (HDL). Its physiological role in cholesterol and triglyceride metabolism remains unknown. We demonstrate that plasma apoD levels are downregulated in...
- Taking Three To Heart: Know The Cholesterol Three. // Tennessee Tribune;10/28/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p11B
The article offers tips on how to raise the high-density lipoprotein levels (HDL) and decrease the adverse effects of the low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
- On cholesterol watch. // Marines;Oct98, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p30
Discusses information about cholesterol. Explanations on low density lipoprotein (LDL) and high density lipoprotein (HDL); Sources of cholesterol.
- Cholesterol Quiz. Zipes, Douglas P. // Saturday Evening Post;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 283 Issue 2, p78
The article discusses cholesterol, and covers topics such as cholesterol's production in the liver, cell health in the body, and the difference between low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and high-density lipoprotein.
- Selective CETP Inhibition and PPARa Agonism Increase HDL Cholesterol and Reduce LDL Cholesterol in Human ApoB100/Human CETP Transgenic Mice. Hansen, Michael K.; McVey, Matthew J.; White, Ray F.; Legos, Jeffrey J.; Brusq, Jean-Marie; Grillot, Didier A.; Issandou, Marc; Barone, Frank C. // Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Jun2010, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p196
The article presents a study on the effects of selective cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) inhibition and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) agonism in human apolipoprotein B 100 (ApoB100)/human CETP transgenic mice. The study used transgenic mice to characterize the...
- MEET APO A-I AND APO B. Zarrow, Susan // Prevention;Sep89, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p19
Reports on the possible use of appolipoprotein A-I and B as indicators of heart disease risk. Difference between HDL and LDL cholesterol; Correlation between low levels of apolipoprotein A-I and heart disease; Advantages of measuring the LDL apolipoprotein-B concentration rather than the...
- Pharmacotherapy of Mixed Hyperlipidemia with Ezetimibe-Fenofibrate Combination Therapy. Farnier, Michel // Clinical Medicine: Therapeutics;2009, Issue 1, p1703
Mixed hyperlipidemia is a frequent atherogenic dyslipidemia characterized by elevated triglycerides, low HDL cholesterol levels, and excess of small, dense LDL particles, often with elevated apolipoproteinB and non-HDL cholesterol concentrations. Although statins are the drug of first choice,...
- Lipid Profile and Serum Characteristics of the Blind Subterranean Mole Rat, Spalax. Nasser, Nicola J.; Kaplan, Marielle; Nevo, Eviatar; Aviram, Michael // PLoS ONE;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p1
Background: Spalax (blind subterranean mole rat), is a mammal adapted to live in fluctuating oxygen levels, and can survive severe hypoxia and hypercapnia. The adaptive evolution of Spalax to underground life resulted in structural and moleculargenetic differences comparing to above-ground...
- POLIMORFISMUL APOPROTEINEI E LA PACIENŢII CU BOALĂGAUCHER TIP I. Coldea, Cristina; Popp, Radu Anghel; Trifa, Adrian Pavel; Zimmermann, Anca; Al-Khzouz, Camelia; Alexandra Craciun; Grigorescu-Sido, Paula // Clujul Medical;Dec2009, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p586
Introduction. Apolipoprotein E plays a crucial role in Gaucher disease's pathogenesis. Materials and Methods. The aim of our study was to identify the allelic variants of apolipoprotein E (ApoE) gene in Romanian type 1 Gaucher disease patients. Fourtyone patients, 31 receiving enzyme replacement...