High-rise high-tech comes to banking
- Bank Customers Have Difficulties Letting Go of Paper. // Community Banker;Aug2008, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p57
The article discusses the findings of a report by Javelin Strategy & Research. The report indicates that while bank customers in the U.S. may like the idea of going green, three out of four surveyed said they still receive paper statements. The study also found that 34 percent of bank customers...
- OCC Adopts National Bank E-Filing Rule. Davenport, Todd // American Banker;1/6/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 3, p18
The U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) said on Friday that it had adopted a final rule allowing national banks to file all corporate applications electronically. The rule adopts without changes an interim rule that the OCC issued in April. When the agency introduced its e-Corp...
- Speed Dial for Your Computer. Gregory, Kip // Advisor Today;Apr2003, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p76
Recommends the use of macro-writing programs to automate repetitive computer tasks. Functions of macro-writing programs; Software installation; Benefits of using macro-programs.
- Test your office productivity. Graham, John R. // Supervision;Jun96, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p10
Presents a list of questions one can use to determine if his office is automated or not. Use of notebook computers; How often a typewriter is used; Modified computer systems.
- End of the paper trail. Rosenzweig, Stan // Westchester County Business Journal;9/16/96, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p17
Focuses on office technology and its benefits for businesses. Technologies utilized by small and large businesses; Advances in office technology; How registered investment advisor Ronna Cohen uses office technologies to run her business with two desktop computers.
- Point & click. Griggs, Barbara // Secretary;Feb94, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p26
Provides pointers on understanding and using a word processing software for secretaries. Use of computer manuals; Training class.
- Computer Operations: How Program Optimization Pays Off. Stuart, Senter // Management Review;May66, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the benefits of program optimization to corporations. Cost savings from computer operations; Guidelines on determining when and where to use program optimization; Policy implications on management.
- Now--Sales Analysis by Computer. Taylor, Thayer C. // Management Review;May66, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p68
Discusses the applications of computers in the sales-analysis functions of corporations. Advantages of using computers in sales analysis; Impact of computerized sales analysis on marketing strategy and business planning; Policy implications on management.
- Turbocharge your existing office technology. Sloane, Dan // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/27/95, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p19A
Discusses the need for businesses to revamp their electronic and paper-based document traffic for efficient, automated office work flows. Reasons why technological investments are poor performers; Development of an intelligent electronic form for existing network and electronic mail system.