Use of the AccuVein device to map the superficial venous system
- TAKING BLOOD AND PUTTING UP A DRIP IN YOUNG CHILDREN. Whitelaw, Andrew; Valman, Bernard // British Medical Journal;8/30/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6240, p602
Presents medical equipments and apparatus. Discussions on venepuncture on children; Descriptions on capillary blood sampling; Evaluation on the use of instruments and site for application.
- news: clinical digest. // Nursing Standard;11/10/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p10
Reports on various latest research and scientific findings from the nursing and medical journals in the U.S. as of November 9, 2004. Reduction of venepuncture failure by the use of a vein contrast enhancer device; Association of walking with a reduced risk of dementia in physically capable older...
- Off-Label Usage of Medical Devices. Sobel, Howard D. // International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetic Dermatolog;Dec2002, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p259
Editorial. Discusses the off-label usage of medical devices in plastic surgery. Use of phosphatidylcholine for reducing localized areas of fat; Ethical considerations for using off-label devices; Patient safety.
- AccuVein vein illuminator receives CE mark. // Medical Device Daily;8/5/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 149, p8
The article reports on the CE mark received by AV300, the hand-held, non-contact vein illumination device of AccuVein. The CE mark would enable AccuVein to market AV300 across Europe. Stephen Conlon, president of AccuVein, relates the significance of the CE mark for the company. The device has...
- Product Briefs. // Medical Device Daily;3/2/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p9
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. medical device industry. AccuVein reported the findings of a study on the impact of its AV300 handheld, non-contact vein illumination device on patient preference and overall satisfaction. AtriCure, a cardiology medical device company, received an...
- Recent Arrivals. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Oct2013, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p55
The article offers brief information on miscellaneous products including the AccuVein AV400 Vein Viewing System from AccuVein Inc., the Fig LeafÂ® Leg Bag from SterGear LLC, and the High-End Hand Towels from SCA TorkÂ®.
- Patient Study Reveals Overwhelming Agreement that Vein Illumination Improves Satisfaction with Medical Facilities. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on the findings of AccuVein Inc. which revealed that vein illumination increases patient satisfaction with medical facilities. It further informs that the hospitals will be paid for inpatient care services under Medicare's hospital reimbursement program. It...
- Venepuncture and cannulation: considering the ageing vein. Gabriel, Janice // British Journal of Nursing (BJN);2/1/2012 Supplement, Vol. 21 Issue 2, pS22
Venepuncture and cannulation are among the most widely performed invasive procedures in health care today; yet little attention has been paid to the effects increasing age has on our venous systems and the challenges this creates for the health care professional, as well as the discomfort and...
- MRSA contaminated venepuncture tourniquets in clinical practice. Elhassan, Hassan A.; Dixon, Teresa // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Apr2012, Vol. 88 Issue 1038, p194
Introduction Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) hospital-acquired infection is associated with increased patient mortality. National guidelines state that shared patient equipment must be cleaned after use. The authors sought to identify MRSA contamination in a sample of...