Use of the AccuVein device to map the superficial venous system
- news: clinical digest. // Nursing Standard;11/10/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p10
Reports on various latest research and scientific findings from the nursing and medical journals in the U.S. as of November 9, 2004. Reduction of venepuncture failure by the use of a vein contrast enhancer device; Association of walking with a reduced risk of dementia in physically capable older...
- Off-Label Usage of Medical Devices. Sobel, Howard D. // International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetic Dermatolog;Dec2002, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p259
Editorial. Discusses the off-label usage of medical devices in plastic surgery. Use of phosphatidylcholine for reducing localized areas of fat; Ethical considerations for using off-label devices; Patient safety.
- Product Briefs. // Medical Device Daily;3/2/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p9
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. medical device industry. AccuVein reported the findings of a study on the impact of its AV300 handheld, non-contact vein illumination device on patient preference and overall satisfaction. AtriCure, a cardiology medical device company, received an...
- Recent Arrivals. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Oct2013, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p55
The article offers brief information on miscellaneous products including the AccuVein AV400 Vein Viewing System from AccuVein Inc., the Fig LeafÂ® Leg Bag from SterGear LLC, and the High-End Hand Towels from SCA TorkÂ®.
- Venepuncture and cannulation: considering the ageing vein. Gabriel, Janice // British Journal of Nursing (BJN);2/1/2012 Supplement, Vol. 21 Issue 2, pS22
Venepuncture and cannulation are among the most widely performed invasive procedures in health care today; yet little attention has been paid to the effects increasing age has on our venous systems and the challenges this creates for the health care professional, as well as the discomfort and...
- The effective reduction of tourniquet application time after minor modification of the CLSI H03-A6 blood collection procedure. Lima-Oliveira, Gabriel; Lippi, Giuseppe; Luca Salvagno, Gian; Montagnana, Martina; Picheth, Geraldo; Guidi, Gian Cesare // Biochemia Medica;2013, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p308
Introduction: The phlebotomists' procedures are a still source of laboratory variability. The aim of this study was to verify the efficacy of minor modification in procedure for collection of diagnostic blood specimens by venipuncture from CLSI H03-A6 document is able to reduce the tourniquet...
- Comparison of Blood Ethanol Concentrations in Samples Simultaneously Collected into Expired and Unexpired Venipuncture Tubes. Zittel, Donna B.; Hardin, Glenn G. // Journal of Analytical Toxicology;Jun2006, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p317
The article presents a case study that compares the blood ethanol concentrations of samples that are collected from expired and unexpired venipuncture tubes. Blood samples are generated during controlled drinking sessions using venipuncture tubes that contain sodium fluoride and potassium...
- Take the guesswork out of venipunctures. Ernst, Dennis J. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Apr2009, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p18
The article evaluates several medical equipment including AV300 vein detector from AccuVein, VeinViewer from Luminetx Corp. and Venoscope II Transilluminator from Venoscope LLC.
- Med-Tech Notes. // Medical Device Daily;7/29/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 144, p3
This section offers news briefs concerning the medical device sector, as of July 2009. The quality system of AccuVein has received an International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 13485 certification. Symphony Medical has changed its name to CardioPolymers. World Health Imaging Alliance...