Use of the AccuVein device to map the superficial venous system
- TAKING BLOOD AND PUTTING UP A DRIP IN YOUNG CHILDREN. Whitelaw, Andrew; Valman, Bernard // British Medical Journal;8/30/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6240, p602
Presents medical equipments and apparatus. Discussions on venepuncture on children; Descriptions on capillary blood sampling; Evaluation on the use of instruments and site for application.
- Patient Study Reveals Overwhelming Agreement that Vein Illumination Improves Satisfaction with Medical Facilities. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on the findings of AccuVein Inc. which revealed that vein illumination increases patient satisfaction with medical facilities. It further informs that the hospitals will be paid for inpatient care services under Medicare's hospital reimbursement program. It...
- Usefulness of Anti-Stray Stylet for Central Vein Catheterization by the Subclavian Vein Approach. Takeyama, Hiromitsu; Taniguchi, Masaaki; Akamo, Yoshimi; Tanaka, Moritsugu; Hayakawa, Tetsusi; Sato, Mikinori; Hasegawa, Masamitsu; Sawai, Hirosumi; Yamamoto, Minoru; Manabe, Tadao // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;2002, Vol. 11, pS57
Aim: The incidence of malpositioned central venous catheters (CVCs) verified radiographically varies from 5.5% ~ 29% by the subclavian vein approach. The most common location into which the CVC is misplaced is the internal jugular vein. We tested a new stylet that leads the catheter tip into...
- Tell patients to take venipuncture lying down. Begany, Timothy // RN;Jan94, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p16
Features advice of researchers on patient position during venipuncture procedures. Experience of vasovagal reaction on upright patients; Endorsement of reclining position for patient during insertion.
- AccuVein vein illuminator receives CE mark. // Medical Device Daily;8/5/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 149, p8
The article reports on the CE mark received by AV300, the hand-held, non-contact vein illumination device of AccuVein. The CE mark would enable AccuVein to market AV300 across Europe. Stephen Conlon, president of AccuVein, relates the significance of the CE mark for the company. The device has...
- A robot in the right vein. Graham-Rowe, Duncan // New Scientist;04/17/99, Vol. 162 Issue 2182, p22
Discusses Alex Zivanovic's robotic blood taker. How the robot works; Accuracy; Ability for the operator to make the final decision on which vein is the best to use; Unenthusiastic reactions from people.
- MRSA contaminated venepuncture tourniquets in clinical practice. Elhassan, Hassan A.; Dixon, Teresa // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Apr2012, Vol. 88 Issue 1038, p194
Introduction Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) hospital-acquired infection is associated with increased patient mortality. National guidelines state that shared patient equipment must be cleaned after use. The authors sought to identify MRSA contamination in a sample of...
- Obstacles in Haemocompatibility Testing. van Oeveren, W. // Scientifica;2013, p1
ISO 10993-4 is an international standard describing the methods of testing of medical devices for interactions with blood for regulatory purpose. The complexity of blood responses to biomaterial surfaces and the variability of blood functions in different individuals and species pose...
- Minimizing bruising in the antecubital fossa after venepuncture. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/27/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6588, p1659
Investigates the large number of bruises in patients after venepuncture of antecubital fossa. Methods use in the study; Production of visible bruising through flexing of elbows after venepuncture; Absence of relationship between the time of bleeding to stop with the size of bruise.