A SWITCH IN TIMEâ€¦
- Just the job. Crabb, Steve // People Management;11/11/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 22, p49
Focuses on the New Deal program of Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council in Great Britain. Aims of the council; Information on the Knowsley Deal; What the Youth at Risk program provides.
- Councils advised to review policies on bonus schemes. // Employers Law;May2010, p4
The article reports that the Council HR departments have been advised to look at their bonus schemes carefully due to an equal pay case filed by up to 5,000 female workers against the Birmingham City Council in England for not paying them bonuses offered to male grave diggers.
- HR linked to high-performing councils. // People Management;7/10/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p11
Presents information on the 'Managing People' report released by an Audit Committee for councils in Great Britain. Purpose of the report; Important factors behind a successful people management; Number of councils with good management policies.
- THE EXCHANGE FACTOR. Brockett, James // People Management;11/9/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p34
The article reports that new opportunities for employees to have their say and a staff suggestion scheme with a difference have helped to revive the fortunes of a once-failing local authority, the Rotherham, England Metropolitan Borough Council. You cannot engage employees without listening to...
- HR Excellence Gold Award. // Human Resources (09648380);Jul2008, Special section p7
The article focuses on the Work Perks as an innovative employee strategy used by Nottingham City Council in Nottingham, England. It is stated that Work Perks is an integral part of the company's strategy as innovative approach to green travel using salary sacrifice to purchase annual bus passes....
- Most effective use of internal communications. // Human Resources (09648380);Jul2008, Special section p21
The article focuses on the efficiency of Work Perks used in internal communications of Nottingham City Council in Nottingham, England. Accordingly, an impressive 98% of new starters for the past 12 months said that they valued Work Perks. The judges of the human resources (HR) Excellence Awards...
- HR can 'prove itself' in merged councils. STEVENS, MICHELLE // People Management;11/11/2010, p8
The article highlights the statements of Graham White, human resource (HR) director of the Westminster council in Great Britain, about the merger of council services and its impact on HR.
- Untitled. Whitten, Nick // Estates Gazette;3/10/2012, Issue 1210, p03
The article reports on the move by the Liverpool City Council to recommend the approval of the plans for the 5.5 billion pound Liverpool Waters of Peel Holdings by March 2012.
- Less detailed BVPPs proposed. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;1/16/2004-1/22/2004, p17
Reports on the proposals that would improve the statutory obligation on Councils to reproduce information in Great Britain. Burdens of local authorities in producing lengthy Best Value performance plans; Availability of information to Ministers and officials; Acceptance of the ministers on the...