ON MY AGENDA
- Cable&Wireless adds 100 Gbps to Hong Kong and Singapore nets. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;Jun2012, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the addition of 100 gigabits per second (Gbps) capabilities to the metro networks in Hong Kong, China and Singapore by telecommunications carrier Cable&Wireless Worldwide.
- New submarine cable to link Oman with Europe. // Russian Telecom;Feb2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p2
The article reports that global telecom company Cable & Wireless Worldwide will begin work in the submarine cable connection project Europe-Persia Express Gateway (EPEG).
- Ciena to Build 100G European Link. // Voice & Data;Jun2012, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on the project won by Ciena Corp. from Cable & Wireless Worldwide PLC (CWW), in which the company will build Europe's longest 100-gigabyte network link.
- Cable&Wireless Worldwide selects Infinera's DTN-X for multiterabit optical network. // Submarine Fiber Optic Communications;Feb2012, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the Digital Optical Network solution of Infinera, based on the new DTN-X platform, that was chosen by international integrated communications and data hosting provider Cable & Wireless Worldwide (CWW) for its Europe Persia Express Gateway (EPEG) network as of February. It...
- New submarine cable to link Oman with Europe. // European Telecom;Feb2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the submarine cable project, Europe-Persia Express Gateway (EPEG), by global telecommunication giant Cable & Wireless Worldwide PLC. It states that the cable connection between Oman and Frankfurt, Germany will provide an alternative, more direct connectivity solution...
- Cable&Wireless Worldwide selects Infinera's DTN-X for multiterabit optical network. // European Telecom;Feb2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on the selection of Infinera Networks Corp.'s DTN-X platform for multiterabit optical network by Cable&Wireless Worldwide (CWW) for its Europe Persia Express Gateway (EPRG) network that provides network connection between Asia and Europe. It states that the factors...
- Cable, not Wireless? // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p15
Reports that Cable & Wireless has announced a strategy for the expansion of its global telecommunications network. Key elements of the firm's expansion initiative; Efforts of the firm to establish more coherent links among its global assets; Withdrawal of the firm from the mobile market.
- Untitled. // Telephony;8/2/93, Vol. 225 Issue 5, p13
Reports on various developments in the telecommunication industry. Creation of Cable & Wireless Inc. by Cable & Wireless plc of the United Kingdom; Signing of memorandum of understanding by ten companies participating in the undersea project Fiber Optic Link Around the Globe (FLAG); GTE...
- Cable & Wireless hit 2M subs in '97. // RCR;02/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p102
Reports that Cable and Wireless plc mobile telecommunications subscriber sales was aided by the 1997 holiday season. Amount the company has in shares; Percentage interest the company has in Optus, a Australian telecom operator; Information on the business ventures of the company.