- OUTSOURCING TURNAROUND. Carter, Alison // Training Magazine;May2003, p9
Presents the results of a research conducted by the Institute for Employment Studies in Great Britain concerning outsourcing training. Disadvantages of outsourcing training; List of activities that are likely to be outsourced; Importance of training advisers to the company.
- Education and Employment: The Knowledge and Information Flow Between the Training Providers and Employers. Csoba, Judit; Ábrahám, Katalin; Vargáné Nagy, Ilona // Social Work Review / Revista de Asistenta Sociala;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p29
In our research program we analysed the employee competences expected by the employer. We assumed that it is not qualifications but these competences that determine, on the one hand, the criteria of selecting future employees, and define, on the other hand, the areas that should be developed by...
- 157 Group wants delivery framework for traineeships extended to 24 year-olds. // Basic Skills Bulletin;5/13/2013, Issue 122, p1
The article reports that the 157 Group of 27 wants the delivery structure for traineeships be extended to 24-year-olds. Executive Director Lynne Sedgmore says that traineeships will offer an important pathway into work and apprenticeships for young people. Graham Hoyle of the Association of...
- Striving for a better life. Brown, Julie // San Diego Business Journal;05/24/99, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p17
Reports on the success of two programs on finding and keeping employment in San Diego, California. Development of Strive San Diego by East Harlem Employment Services; Comments from executives; Teaching of interviewing and other skills; Skills about punctuality, confidence and good attitude;...
- A Trainer With Disabilities. Killion, Ann Marie // Training & Development;Mar94, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p65
Narrates the experiences of the author as a trainer with disabilities. Impact of the Meniere's disease on the author's personal life and career; Reasons why organizations may resist hiring trainers with disabilities.
- The Market for HRD in Brazil. Martino, Carole Faulman // Training & Development Journal;Oct85, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p33
Focuses on the success of U.S. human resource development (HRD) professionals in Brazil. Refusal of firms to accept foreign theories; Division of the market into geographic areas; HRD professional's guidance of businesses.
- SURVEY ON CAUSES OF LONG TERM UNEMPLOYMENT IN MONTENEGRO. // Montenegro Household Survey;Nov2005, Issue 12, p17
Focuses on a survey of factors associated with long term unemployment in Montenegro. Definition and causes of long-term unemployment; Incidence of long-term unemployment in the country; Common cause of job loss; Details of additional training for improving chances for employment.
- Industry profile needs a facelife. Chomka, Stefan // Food Manufacture;Apr2002, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p54
Reports the need for improvement of the food and drinks industry in Northern Ireland. Details of the launching of the government program to help the industry address the development of skills of employees; Emphasis on the responsibility of the Sector Skills Council; Conditions of employment in...
- Enter the people dimension. Rana, Eila // People Management;01/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p16
Offers predictions for employment in Great Britain after the year 2000. Predictions on employee relations and training; Projections on equal opportunities between sexes; Forecast for employee recruitment.