- Harnessing the power of networking. Parker, Matthew // Recruiter;5/4/2011, p23
The article presents a study that shows 60 percent of employers in Great Britain use social media as a recruitment tool. It reports that the lack of awareness and restrictions in corporate policies are the barriers to adoption of technology. It offers benefits provided by social media in...
- Will Your Facebook Profile Sabotage Your Job Search? White, Martha C. // Time.com;11/14/2013, p1
The article focuses on the use of social media such as the online social network Facebook and the microblog Twitter by human resource (HR) departments in employee recruitment. It states that a "Journal of Management" paper found no links between the current job performance of an employee and...
- Hirers Increase Social Media Scrutiny of Recruits. McCafferty, Dennis // CIO Insight;7/22/2014, p1
The article discusses the findings of a survey from online employment Web site CareerBuilder which looked into the role of social media in job hiring. Topics covered include the percentage of employers surveyed who use social networking sites to research potential hires and the number of...
- Employers weigh impact of social media on hiring. MINER, DAN // Buffalo Law Journal;3/18/2013, Vol. 85 Issue 20, p4
The article discusses that U.S. employers are weighing the impact of social media such as Facebook on hiring and reviews the legal risk of conducting a simple Google search of a prospective employee.
- Recruiting 101. WOLF, BETTINA // T+D;Apr2014, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p18
The article presents the results of a survey conducted by recruitment web site CareerBuilder which looked at the factors considered by job applicants in evaluating potential employers, including employment brand, responsiveness, and positive work-life balance.
- Looking for a Job: the Orientation Process for Persons with Disabilities. Formiconi, Cristina; Nicolini, Paola; Regolo, Daniele // Journal Plus Education / Educatia Plus;2015 Special Issue, Vol. 12A, p20
If finding a job is currently difficult for many people, for those with disabilities it actually is a path with many obstacles. The ONU Convention on persons with disabilities rights is in line with the basic concepts of the European Disability Strategy 2010-2020, which supports programs against...
- News Digest: web comment. // Recruiter;7/27/2011, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "recruitstudents.co.uk launches" in the July 5, 2011 issue.
- stakeholder comment. // Recruiter;7/27/2011, p14
The article presents comments related to the recruitment industry, one suggesting the agencies' need to invest in wide variety of skills, another denoting Interserve's electronic recruitment website, and one focusing on the move of agencies in developing their local hiring manager relationships.
- Secure CV service breaks down language barriers. // Recruiter;5/26/2010, p8
The article reports on the effort of Woking, England-based Recruitment Express on integrating the InvisiViewMedia web-based secure curriculum vitae (CV) service.