A GLOOMY OUTLOOK
- Key PCS staff vote to join strike over security row. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;11/9/2001, p6
Reports the strike staged by the Public and Commercial Service (PCS) Union following the vote of PCS members in favor of industrial action in Marketfield Benefits Center in Lancashire, England. Number of offices affected by the strikes; Factors causing the strike; Criticism on the strike.
- NATIONAL GALLERY STRIKE. // Art Monthly;Mar2010, Issue 334, p13
The article reports on the strike of the union members of the Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS) on the staff at the National Gallery of London in England.
- Bleak Christmas for claimants as union takes action. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;12/14/2001-1/10/02, p11
Reports the effect of the strike action by the Public Commercial Services Union on the release of the Christmas payments for claimants in Great Britain. Reason for the strike action; Speculations on the settlement of the dispute; Disclosure on the release of the payments.
- Round-up. // Public Finance;9/30/2005, p15
Reports political developments in Great Britain. Approval of the members of the Public and Commercial Services Union to stage a strike over job cuts; Announcement of Planning Minister Yvette Cooper on the government's commitment to fulfil its promise and bring an end to the Crown's immunity from...
- Bad week for... // Personnel Today;10/28/2008, p4
The article provides information about a civil servant strike and the British Health and Safety Offences Act 2008. It states that Great Britain's Public and Commercial Services Union has announced a national one-day strike on November 10, 2008 to protest the government's public sector pay cap....
- PCS ballots members for strike action over job losses. // Public Finance;10/8/2004, p15
Reports on the ballot directed at members of the Public & Commercial Services Union to decide whether to strike over job cuts in Great Britain. Comments of Mark Serwotka, general secretary of the union, regarding the job cuts; Planned schedule of the strike once the members voted for it;...
- Public strike takes fight to gov't. Wall, Derek // Green Left Weekly;7/13/2011, Issue 886, p19
The article reports on the public sector strike of trade unions which defend their pensions against the attack from the Conservative Party-Liberal Democrat coalition government in Great Britain. According to the Public and Commercial Services Union, 84 percent of its members took part in the...
- PCS follows up strike with overtime ban. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;2/2/2007, p8
The article reports on the national strike conducted by the members of the Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS) in Great Britain. The 24-hour national strike on January 31, 2007 was conducted by the members of the PCS to express their opposition to the civil service reforms of the...
- VOSA braces itself for enforcement staff strike. Perry, Dominic // Motor Transport;3/8/2010, p1
The article reports on the trade union strike from March 8-9, 2010 involving 700 employees of the Operator Services Agency (VOSA) who are part of the Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS) over terms and conditions which will reduce job security in Great Britain.