An Insurance Bias Re-examined
- Replacement reg changes in N.Y. supported. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/23/96, Vol. 100 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the insurance industry's support for proposed amendments to New York's life insurance and annuity replacement Regulation 60, based on testimony at an insurance department hearing on September 17, 1996. Circulation of an amended version of Regulation 60; Terms of the amendments;...
- Retirement Security in Peril. Kerley, Michael L.; Eilers-Bowser, Heather // Advisor Today;Apr2003, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p56
Summarizes government proposals that have an impact on life insurance and annuity sales in the U.S. Retirement savings initiatives; Repeal of estate tax; Elimination of dividend tax; Deductions for long-term car insurance.
- Get a LIFE. Rusoff, Jane Wollman // Research;Mar2011, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p50
The article offers information on the movement and the significance of the financial-life-planning in the U.S. Mitch Anthony, founder of Financial Life Planning Institute, states that planning will not work unless the advisor is adept at eliciting clients' financial attitude and experiences. It...
- Guilt, Ego, and Monthly Paychecks: Threats to Wealth Building. Adkins, Rick // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2011, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p26
The article focuses on the three sources of challenges for financial planners in helping clients build and keep their wealth in the U.S. such as guilt, ego, and monthly paycheck mentality. It mentions that one of the tougher threats of advisers can be assisting a surviving spouse who has...
- GENERATION X AND INVESTOR BEHAVIOR. Novy, Jonathan // Life Insurance Selling;Oct2010, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p68
The article reports on the behavior of investors and Generation Xers toward life insurance considering the economic environment in the U.S. It states that the financial professionals are held responsible to help clients manage their financial risk and their expectations of the financial service...
- Managing Life Insurance: Loans or Withdrawals? Katt, Peter C. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p38
The article offers information on loans and withdrawals on managing life insurance policies in the U.S. It notes that both will have different effects on the policy at various times in the future. It presents a case where a universal life (UL) insurance policy was taken out 10 years ago. It...
- PRACTICE TRENDS: How Does Your Practice Measure Up? McClune, Sheila // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2011 Research Spotlight Suppleme, p9
The article reports on the improvement of the financial planning market in the U.S. amidst the competition. It cites a survey on financial planners conducted by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) concerning their financial plan development practices and fees. It mentions that financial...
- The Hot Job of Financial Planning&hellip. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Comments on the article featured in "U.S. News & World Report" about financial planning. Popularity of the career in financial planning; Demand for financial planners in the banking, brokerage and mutual fund fields; Failure of the magazine to mention designations or licenses.
- Internet Highway Report... // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1999, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p18
This section presents a list of web sites relevant to financial planners and financial planning in the U.S.