When Life Insurance Is an Investment
- Cost Comparisons for Cash Value Life Insurance. Kite, Chris W. // LAN: Life Association News;Jul99, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p40
Deals with the comparison of costs in a cash value life insurance policy. Tax-free interest of a policy; Term insurance rate; Interest rate credits for whole life plans; Factors in comparing term to cash value insurance with a buy term and invest the difference calculation.
- Are You Being Ripped Off? BLACKMAN, IRVING L. // Modern Machine Shop;May2011, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p38
In this article the author discusses how to take advantage of life insurance in the U.S. by citing several related cases. In one case a widow who bought a 5.6 million dollars insurance policy under which the death benefit was to go to her kids tax-free, and thus she used the life insurance as a...
- Mitigate the collateral unclaimed property damage. Anderson, Brian // Life Insurance Selling;Oct2011, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p10
The article discusses the increase in unclaimed property enforcement audits in the U.S. It argues that life insurance companies in various states have not taken any initiative to notify beneficiaries about the death benefit when a policyholder dies and have withheld these payments to the states....
- For The Record. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/17/2015, pA02
A correction to the article concerning cash-value life insurance that was published in the January 5, 2015 edition is presented.
- IUL: One solution for two big problems. Bulakites, Brian // Life Insurance Selling;Jun2013, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p46
The article discusses the benefits of an indexed universal life insurance (IUL) in the U.S. It mentions that IUL is a universal life insurance in which its interest is credited to the policy based on an index performance. It notes that the death benefit protection of IUL is combined with...
- When cash-value life insurance pays. K.D.S. // Money;Aug1997, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on the returns from whole life and universal life polices. What life insurance agents claim about the cash-value portions of those policies; How long you have to hold the insurance before it gives a good return; Comparing of the returns for three typical policies.
- Cash-value vs. term life insurance: Which is a better... Kistner, William G. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p92
Evaluates whether buying term insurance is a better investment decision than buying a cash-value life insurance policy. Guidelines that can help insurance buyers make the best decision; Comparison of the financial return from the two insurance systems.
- Life insurance for PROTECTION - AND RETIREMENT SAVINGS. Lang, Pat // Life Insurance Selling;Feb2012, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p22
The article focuses on the coverage of life insurance which can protect a family with a death benefit and retirement savings in the U.S. It offers insights on the primary goal of life insurance which is to provide a death benefit that protects families and their financial future. It also...
- CRYONICS FUNDING IN AN INFLATIONARY UNIVERSE: AN ANALYSIS OF ONE POSSIBLE SOLUTION. Hoffman, Rudi // Cryonics;Jan2014, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the concept of the life insurance known as Index Universal Life in relation to the Universal Life (UL) policy. It mentions that a guarantee rider is consisted in some UL policies for the protection of the death of the benefit in the fall of cash value to zero. It adds that...