- Younger Americans More Stressed About Finances. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p20
The article presents highlights of a survey by insurance company New York Life as of May 10, 2013 in the U.S., which found that young U.S. citizens reported more stress related to their finances compared to their parents and grandparents. Fifty-one percent of Generation X and 49 percent of...
- The Hot Job of Financial Planning&hellip. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Comments on the article featured in "U.S. News & World Report" about financial planning. Popularity of the career in financial planning; Demand for financial planners in the banking, brokerage and mutual fund fields; Failure of the magazine to mention designations or licenses.
- Internet Highway Report... // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1999, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p18
This section presents a list of web sites relevant to financial planners and financial planning in the U.S.
- Tasking the Task Force: When Is a CFPÂ® Certificant a Fiduciary? Thompson, Duane R. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p22
This article addresses issues concerning fiduciary standards in financial planning in the U.S. In a news release, the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board noted that it would be choosing, among members for various standing committees in 2004, volunteers for a task force begun in 2003 to...
- Observer. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p28
The article presents news briefs related to the financial planning industry in the U.S. as of January 2006. Spectrem Group reported that a large proportion of investors in the country are interested in investing in mutual funds. The energy generating sector of the nation is performing well since...
- How the Other Half Plans. Kitces, Michael E. // Financial Planning;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p64
Discusses the need for analytical experts by financial planning firms in the U.S. in 2004. Duties of an analytical expert; Sources where analytical experts can be found; Ways financial planners can find an appropriate place for their technical skills. INSET: Becoming a Back-Office Expert.
- CE Quiz March 2005. // Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p125
Presents a quiz to financial advisers concerning financial planning issues in the U.S. Information on the distribution rule which apply to beneficiaries if the owner of the individual retirement account dies before the required beginning date; Rate of maximum tax for gold exchange-traded funds...
- Trading Places. McGee, Suzanne // Financial Planning;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p59
The article discusses the move of planners, investment advisors, and other wealth managers to change firms in the U.S. It is noted that for many advisors, switching firms or launching their own shop can be dangerous, since clients can feel neglected or taken for granted. In addition, if the...
- A Platform Catering to Breakways. Marsh, Ann // On Wall Street;Oct2014, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p18
The article looks at the efforts of Freedom Wealth Alliance in attracting wirehouse advisors to its financial management business through the use of the custodial platform operated by LPL Financial, where the firm targets advisors with annual income of 250,000 dollars and above.