THE FIRST LADY LAUNCHES BATTLE AGAINST OBESITY
- The Time for Nutrition Education is Now. Greene, Geoffrey // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;May/Jun2010, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p143
The article offers the author's insights regarding the commitment of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama in addressing childhood obesity in the U.S. The author discusses Obama's "Let's Move" program which gives parents more information about nutrition and exercise to promote proper nutrition and...
- Good Reception. Ip, Melissa // Today's Dietitian;Jul2010, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p28
The article reports on the initiative launched by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and First Lady Michelle Obama to teach children about healthy eating and physical activity among children nine to 12 years old. In March 2011, USDA and Obama unveiled the Apps for Healthy Kids, making use of...
- HIGH POWERED OBESITY DRIVE. Cresswell, Jackie // SportEX Health (14718154);Oct2010, Issue 26, p11
The article offers information regarding the U.S. government's effort to fight childhood obesity. It focuses on U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move campaign which is aimed at battling childhood obesity through a comprehensive intersectoral approach for health. Furthermore, it presents...
- first impression. Salvatore, Diane // Prevention;Mar2012, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including "Could It Happen Here," by a team of award-winning writer-photojournalists, and feature on the second anniversary of First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move!
- Michelle Obama's school cafeteria. Hale, Duff // Ellis County Press;2/23/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p3
The author examines the effectiveness of the initiative of U.S. First Lady Michele Obama in preventing childhood obesity.
- EDITOR'S LETTER. Friedman, Nick // Scholastic Parent & Child;May2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
The article comments on the Let's Move campaign of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama which battles against obesity in children.
- Fighting Childhood Obesity. // Islamic Horizons;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p16
The article announces the launch of initiatives on the fight against childhood obesity, a program of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama, participated in by Janeen Najeeb as representative of the Islam Society of North America (ISNA) on August 28, 2012 in Racine, Wisconsin.
- OBAMA'S ANTI-OBESITY EFFORT PRAISED. // SN: Supermarket News;2/8/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p51
The article reports on the approval of U.S. first lady Michelle Obama's plans to launch a major initiative to reverse the trend toward obesity in children.
- Mrs. Obama beats Fallon in fitness challenge. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;2/15/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 47, p12
The article reports on the second anniversary of the Let's Move! fitness campaign of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama in which Obama did pushups and hula hoops with "Late Night" host Jimmy Fallon in the White House.