Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Comparison of Regimens Containing Oral Micronized Progesterone or Medroxyprogesterone Acetate on Quality of Life in Postmenopausal Women: A Cross-Sectional Survey. Fitzpatrick, Lorraine A.; Pace, Cindy; Wiita, Brinda // Journal of Women's Health & Gender-Based Medicine;May2000, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p381
A cross-sectional survey was conducted to examine quality of life (QOL) related to physiological, somatic, and vasomotor effects of changing progestogen treatment from medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) to micronized progesterone in postmenopausal women. Eligible women (n = 176) were currently...
- FDA moves to highlight warnings about HRT. CMAJ // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/18/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 6, p753
Reports that hormone replacement therapies prescribed in the U.S. must carry warnings that consumers will notice more easily. Introduction of the 'black box' warnings by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration after it reviewed data from the Women's Health Initiative Study; Plans for Health...
- FDA Warns Against Menopausal Hormone Therapy. // Life Extension;Feb2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the nationwide campaign launched by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on the risks and benefits of menopausal hormone therapy. Inclusion of hormone replacement therapies used by American women; Benefits from the therapy; Serious health concerns associated with the use of these...
- Hormone Therapy Update. Vanderhaeghe, Lorna // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jul2003, Issue 249, p8
Focuses on the dangers of hormone replacement therapy (HRT), the combination of synthetic estrogen and progestins. Percentage of Canadian women using HRT who have abandoned the process in 2002; Issue of quality of life outcomes.
- Effects of hormone therapy on quality of life in postmenopausal women with CAD differed according to menopausal symptoms. Haynes, Joan // ACP Journal Club;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p105
Discusses research being done on the effects of hormone therapy on the health-related quality of life in postmenopausal women with coronary artery disease. Reference to study by M.A. Hlatky and colleagues, published in the February 2002 issue of the 'Journal of American Medical Association';...
- Taming your raging hormones. Kearns, Brenda // Good Housekeeping;Jul2002, Vol. 235 Issue 1, p85
Presents information on how to ease the symptoms of perimenopause. Number of women in the U.S. who are in perimenopause; Effects perimenopause on sex life; Common complaints during perimenopause; Information on hormone replacement therapy.
- Hormonal recall. Spinney, Laura // New Scientist;09/18/99, Vol. 163 Issue 2204, p12
Reports on research being done by scientists at McGill University in Montreal into the effects of estrogen on the memories of women. Findings showing that postmenopausal women who are not taking part in hormone replacement therapy (HRT) have memory lapses; Details of studies performed.
- Efficacy and tolerability of continuous combined hormone replacement therapy in early postmenopausal women. Mattsson, L. A.; Skouby, S.; Rees, M.; Heikkinen, J.; Kudela, M.; Stadnicki-Kolendo, A.; Mattila, L.; Salminen, K.; Vuorela, A.; Mustonen, M. // Menopause International;Sep2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p124
Objective. Continuous combined hormone replacement therapy (ccHRT) based on estradiol valerate (E2V) and medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) is effective for relief of menopausal symptoms three years or more after the menopause. This study was undertaken to examine the efficacy and tolerability of...
- Practice observed. Gray, Sarah; Newton, Catherine E. // Journal of the British Menopause Society;2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p178
The article focuses on the results of a study called the Women's Health Initiative study. The study included patients that were chosen from a database of a 12,500 semi-rural practice of Cornwall in England. Premique refers to a preparation of continuous combined hormonal replacement therapy...