Duloxetine, Pregabalin, and Duloxetine Plus Gabapentin for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain Management in Patients With Inadequate Pain Response to Gabapentin: An Open-Label, Randomized, Noninferiority Comparison
- Controlling Diabetic Neuropathic Pain. Rubin, Michael // Internal Medicine Alert;11/29/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p172
Three common medications -- amitripty-line, duloxetine, and pregabalin -- all appear equally efficacious in treating neuropathic pain from diabetic neuropathy.
- Cost effectiveness of duloxetine painless in the US. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;6/23/2012, Issue 656, p12
The article discusses a study on the cost-effectiveness of duloxetine versus pregabalin as treatment for painful diabetic neuropathy (PDN) by B.K. Bellows and colleagues, presented at the "17th Annual International Meeting of the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research."
- Amitriptyline vs Duloxetine for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain. Kuritzky, Louis // Neurology Alert;Jun2011 Clinical Brief, p12
The article presents a report published in the "Diabetes Care" journal on the outcomes of a double-blind crossover trial of amitripyline versus (vs) duloxetine in 58 study subjects for diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain (DPNP) by a group led by H. Kaur.
- An Overview of Diabetic Neuropathy. Kaur, Jaspinder // Annual Review & Research in Biology;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p994
Purpose of Review: Diabetic Neuropathies are a heterogeneous by their symptoms, pattern of neurologic involvement, course, risk covariates, pathologic alterations, and underlying mechanisms that result into mono- and polyneuropathies, plexopathies and radiculopathies. It also ranges from...
- Mechanisms and Management of Diabetic Painful Distal Symmetrical Polyneuropathy. TESFAYE, SOLOMON; BOULTON, ANDREW J. M.; DICKENSON, ANTHONY H. // Diabetes Care;Sep2013, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p2456
Although a number of the diabetic neuropathies may result in painful symptomatology, this review focuses on the most common: chronic sensorimotor distal symmetrical polyneuropathy (DSPN). It is estimated that 15-0% of diabetic patients may have painful DSPN, but not all of these will require...
- Group Releases New Guideline on Options for Treating Painful Diabetic Neuropathy. Mitka, Mike // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;6/22/2011, Vol. 305 Issue 24, p2507
The article focuses on the guideline released by the American Academy of Neurology in April 2011 for using effective therapies for patients with diabetic neuropathy. According to guideline author Vera Bril, the guideline was issued because of the availability of new treatments. It cites a study...
- Impaired noradrenaline homeostasis in rats with painful diabetic neuropathy as a target of duloxetine analgesia. Kinoshita, Jun; Yukari Takahashi; Watabe, Ayako M.; Utsunomiya, Kazunori; Fusao Kato // Molecular Pain;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1
Background Painful diabetic neuropathy (PDN) is a serious complication of diabetes mellitus that affects a large number of patients in many countries. The molecular mechanisms underlying the exaggerated nociception in PDN have not been established. Recently, duloxetine (DLX), a serotonin and...
- Evaluation of efficacy and safety of gabapentin, duloxetine, and pregabalin in patients with painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Devi, Padmini; Madhu, K.; Ganapathy, B.; Sarma, G. R. K.; Lisha, John; Kulkarni, Chanda // Indian Journal of Pharmacology;Feb2012, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p51
Aim: To compare the efficacy and safety of gabapentin (GBP), duloxetine (DLX), and pregabalin (PGB) in patients with painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPNP). Methods: A prospective, randomized, open label, 12-week study was conducted. A total of 152 patients with history of pain attributed...
- Amitriptyline vs Duloxetine for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain. Kaur, H. // Internal Medicine Alert;5/29/2011 Supplement, p80
The article focuses on the double-blind crossover trial performed by H. Kaur and colleagues to compare the efficacy of amitriptyline with duloxetine in the treatment of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain.