The Need for Randomized Trials to Prove the Safety and Efficacy of Parachutes, Bulletproof Vests, and Percutaneous Renal Intervention
- AR REduced, Renal Function improved with New Drug. // Kidney;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p210
Discusses an abstract of the article, entitled ' Reduction of the occurrence of acute cellular rejection among renal allograft recipients treated with basiliximab, a chimeric anti-interleukin-2-receptor monoclonal antibody,' by B.D. Kahan, P.R. Rajagopalan, M. Hall, published in the 1999 journal...
- Cortical thickness: An early morphological marker of atherosclerotic renal disease. Mounier-Vehier, Claire; Lions, Christophe; Devos, Patrick; Jaboureck, Olivier; Willoteaux, Serge; Carre, Alain; Beregi, Jean-Paul // Kidney International;Feb2002, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p591
Cortical thickness: An early morphological marker of atherosclerotic renal disease.. Background: Although kidney size is still the most commonly used morphological parameter, it is not sensitive enough for early detection of atherosclerotic renal disease (ARD). The purpose of this work was to...
- ANCA-associated renal vasculitis. Campo, A.; Grill, A.; Stratta, P. // Kidney International;Apr2002, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p1550
Comments on C.O.S. Savage's article 'ANCA-associated renal vasculitis.' Relation of ANCA title and antigens with histology; Role of tumor necrosis factor.
- Renal Function Stabilizes after Stent Placement for RAS. // Kidney;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p68
Evaluates the effectiveness of the intravascular stent for revascularization of patients with ostial renal artery stenosis (RAS). Technical success rates for stent and for percutaneous renal angioplasty.
- Kidney function salvageable in presence of RCC, renal artery disease. McCann, Brian // Urology Times;Oct98, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the preservation of renal function in patients with localized renal cell carcinoma and severe renal artery disease. Comments from Venkatesh Krishnamurthi, a resident in urology at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation; Results of the study on renal function preservation.
- Renal Artery Dissection Following Marathon Running. Iqbal, Fahad M.; Goparaju, Madhavi; Yemme, Soumya; Lewis, Bruce E. // Angiology;Feb/Mar2009, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p122
A 38-year-old, previously healthy man presented with flank pain after competing in a marathon. Initial laboratory tests and urinalysis were essentially normal. Both contrast enhancedâ€”computed tomography and magnetic resonance angiography showed an infarcted region of the left lower kidney...
- Superselective transcatheter renal artery embolization for the treatment of hemorrhage from non-iatrogenic blunt renal trauma: report of 16 clinical cases. Dapang Rao; Haifeng Yu; Haibo Zhu; Kaiyuan Yu; Xiao Hu; Liping Xie // Therapeutics & Clinical Risk Management;2014, Vol. 10, p455
Objective: To explore the therapeutic efficacy and outcome of superselective transcatheter renal artery embolization for the treatment of hemorrhage from non-iatrogenic blunt renal trauma (BRT). Methods: Sixteen patients who received superselective transcatheter renal artery embolization for...
- Renal Transplant: An Effective Treatment for TC. // Kidney;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p203
Discusses an abstract of the article, entitled `Rapid resolution of tumoral calcinosis after renal transplantation,' by D. McGregor, J. Burn, K. Lynn and others.
- High Prevalence of Heart Disease in Renal Transplant Patients. // Kidney;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p213
Discusses an abstract of the article, entitled 'Cardiovascular morbidity and risk factors in renal transplantation patients,' by S. Aakhus, K. Dahl and E. Wideroe.