Tips From A Rock Drilling Specialist
- Modern HDD Contractor Tools For Drilling Rock. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2011, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p32
The article presents the views of executives of companies dealing in horizontal directional drilling (HDD) on HDD for rocks. Jason Hockran, vice president at the company H&H Enterprises states that with good communication with customers, the company has been able to successfully complete such...
- Used Rigs Change HDD Market Dynamics. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p52
Explores the market for used horizontal directional drilling (HDD) equipment. Number of HDD units sold for 2002; Impact of used HDD equipment on new machines sale; Factors to be considered when purchasing new or used HDD equipment.
- What To Look For When Buying Used HDD Equipment. // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p53
Discusses factors to be considered when purchasing used horizontal directional drilling equipment. Equipment capabilities that handle specific applications; Inspection of equipment; Maintenance and repair.
- New HDD Rig Features Continuous Steel Tubing. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p75
Focuses on Stewart & Stevenson's horizontal directional drill system that features continuous steel tubing. Machine design; Operation of the machine with a mud motor or other downhole power source; Advantages of the machine.
- Magnetic effects - no problem. McMillin, Kevin // Offshore;Nov2000, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p28
Evaluates the Gas Bearing Gyro, a device for directional while-drilling measurements. Specification; Performance.
- McLaughlin Designs FTTP System. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jul2005, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p20
Reports on McLaughlin Boring Systems' offer of a compact, pit-launch horizontal directional drilling system that the company expects to play an important part in fiber-to-the-premises programs under way or announced by major telecommunications service providers. Capabilities of the McL-l0H...
- Overshooting Stuck HDD Drill Stem. Piasecki, Jim // National Driller;May2009, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p25
The article focuses on how to address a horizontal directional drilling (HDD) drill stem stuck in a 1,500 feet hole. It reveals that a four-inch welded steel pipe was connected to the stuck drill stem eliminates rotation of the drill bit at 1,000 feet as well as increased fluid viscosity to 65...
- Carving A Niche In Rock. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jan2013, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p22
The article focuses on strategies used by underground construction industry H & H Enterprises for various drilling projects. It states that the company uses a business model which is adaptable to market demands and helps it to effectively manage and control the operations. According to the...
- Developing solutions for rock mini-directional drilling. Griffin, Jeff // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Sep96, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on various solutions being developed for directional drilling in rock and rocky conditions. Challenges posed by solid formation for directional drilling systems; Development of new compact, self-contained boring system that can drill and be steered with accuracy through rock; Mud motors...