Modern HDD Contractor Tools For Drilling Rock
- HDD RIGS. // Underground Construction;Sep2006, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p44
The article evaluates several directional drills including the compact Grundodrill 4X from TT Technologies, the Astec EarthPro Series DD-65 MiniMax horizontal directional drill from Astec Underground, and the Laney LDD 120/130 Rig 7 from Laney Directional Drilling Co.
- Pipe Ramming Percussive Power Assists During Giant Pullback. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May2002, Vol. 229 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the strategy of the Laney Directional Drilling Inc. on the difficult directional drilling conditions of a project in the U.S. Use of pipe ramming percussive power during pullback assist; Challenges of directional drilling operations under water; Pipe-ramming techniques developed to...
- Laney Directional Drilling Co. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul2013, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p93
The article offers information on Laney Directional Drilling Co., a pipeline drilling company, which has a well established reputation for pipeline and utility service industries and recognized as one of the most competent big diameter pipeline directional drilling companies in the U.S.
- River crossing poses challenges for contractor. // Underground Construction;Feb97, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p6
Reports about the completion of the four directional drill projects of Laney Directional Drilling Company. Area covered by the project; Joint venture formed by TransCanada and Alberta Energy; Management of the company on the problems on river crossing associated with the project.
- HDD RIGS. // Underground Construction;Sep2008, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p44
The article evaluates several horizontal directional drills from Vermeer Corp., Gallagher Engineering, and Laney Directional Drilling Co.
- Laney Directional Drilling Completes Record Setting Drill. Tubb, Rita // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May2003, Vol. 230 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the achievement made by the drilling company Laney Directional Drilling Inc. in South America. Joint venture between the firm and Bolinter Construcciones Petroleras S.A.; Completion of the drill by the firm; Factors contributing to the success of the pipeline project.
- Laney Celebrates 20 Years As Large HDD Pioneer. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Nov2009, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p32
The article reports that Laney Directional Drilling Co. based in Humble, Texas is celebrating its 20th year as a large horizontal directional drilling (HDD) pioneer on pipeline projects. The company was founded by Marcus, Dickey, and Steve Laney, together with Robert Hamil in response to the...
- Laney Directional Drilling Co. Has Moved. // Underground Construction;Jan2014, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p68
The article reports that Laney Directional Drilling Co. has relocated its headquarters in Texas to better serve its customers as of January 2014 and states that the management team of the company has years of experience in the horizontal directional drilling (HOD) installations of pipelines.
- Laney Directional Drilling Completes Record Setting Drill. Tubb, Rita // Underground Construction;Apr2003, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p23
Reports on the use of a directional drill for installation of natural gas pipeline from Bolivia to Brazil by Laney Directional Drilling Co. Creation of the Yacuiba-Rio Grander pipeline; Implication of pipeline projects for economic growth and increasing natural gas exports; Problems of the...