CRADLE BORING Old Technology Becomes New Again
- Transporting a TBM through a large city on the East Side CSO Tunnel project in Portland, OR. Kofoed, Niels; Emmert, Terry M.; Voss, Mark S.; Metzger, Christof; Irwin, Gary // Mining Engineering;Sep2011, Vol. 63 Issue 9, Special section p44
The article discusses the factors to consider in transporting the tunnel boring machine (TBM) from the Port Center shaft at Swan Island to the Opera shaft at the main mining site for the South Tunnel drive in Portland, Oregon. The TBM was used in the North Tunnel drive for the Portland East Side...
- PRODUCTS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/02/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 13, p37
Introduces several products for the construction industry. Stow's M40 mortar and plastic mixer from Bomag Light Equipment Division; Hitachi Construction Machinery's complete line of hydraulic attachments; Top Spin technology from DD EC1 diamond drilling system.
- Straight And Narrow: A New Auger Boring Steering System Helps Georgia Contractor Stay On Course. // Underground Construction;Oct2011, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p19
The article evaluates the ON Target auger boring steering system from McLaughlin Group Inc.
- CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT: Quieter Operation. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/27/2005, Vol. 254 Issue 25, p62
The article presents information on two brochures that feature a range of hand-held hydraulic construction equipments and present information on Cobra Combi, a gas-powered drill/breaker with cleaner emissions and lower vibrations.
- Saving energy and boosting productivity. Wright, Helen // International Construction;Jan2012, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on the challenges presented by the drive for efficient and environmentally friendly machines to the drilling industry. It mentions that the sophistication of drilling equipment is increasing due to the introduction of stricter emissions regulations in Europe and the U.S....
- DRILLING UNITS FEATURE IMPROVEMENTS. Levings, Richard // Rental Equipment Register;Mar2005, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p14
Evaluates the JT92I horizontal directional drilling unit from Ditch Witch. Key features; Advantages; Specifications.
- G2 AUGER-BORING MACHINE: Quik-Trac Fast-Return System. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/2/2004, Vol. 252 Issue 5, p34
The new 48-900G2 auger-boring machine from American Augers Inc., features a hydraulic/electric clutch system that allows the operator to shift with ease and stay with the machine while the auger is in motion. The machine automatically engages the tracks when set into place so there are no hook...
- HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR: Automatic Shift Down. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/14/2005, Vol. 254 Issue 10, p39
The article discusses the features of a newly introduced hydraulic excavator. Manufacturer introduces the TB1140, a 15-ton hydraulic excavator with an operating weight of 31,370 lb, a digging depth of 18 ft, bucket breakout force of 22,188 lb, reach at ground level of 28.1 ft and a dump height...
- McLaughlin To Manufacture Tools For ArrowBore Process. // Underground Construction;Mar2007, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the license agreement signed by Dave Gasmovic, president of McLaughlin Manufacturing and Stephen Taylor, senior commercial manager for Advantica. The agreement would allow McLaughlin to manufacture tools for the patented ArrowBore process. The deal was announced at the...