EPRI estimates costs-benefits of smart grid
- Real-time pricing reduces bills. // Power Economics;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p7
Presents the results of the EPRI study concerning power market price volatility in California. Impact of market-based real-time pricing (RTP) on the overall energy prices; Significance of demand to the price increase; Conclusion of the report concerning reduction of energy cost with RTP in place.
- Spray cooler technology bolsters combustion-turbine output. Chamberlain, Gary // Design News;5/4/98, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p18
States that the output of an Australian combustion-turbine power plant has been increased by the introduction of a low-cost technology introduced by Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI). Indepth look at the EPRI technology; Details on the results obtained from the system; Information on the...
- New Documents. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Sep2008, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p14
The article lists the new report documents from the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI).
- Tap into knowledge of expert personnel. // Plant Engineering;Oct2002, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the research from the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) on capturing valuable knowledge of expert personnel in the U.S. Presentation of EPRI on guidelines of undocumented knowledge from the energy industry personnel; Outline of practical process for capturing tacit knowledge;...
- EPRI SEEKS ADDITIONAL PARTICIPANTS IN DEVELOPMENT OF TURBINE PROBE. // Power Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p18
Deals with the search of the EPRI company for additional participants in the development of turbine probe. Details on the turbine technology being developed by the company; Importance of the research efforts of the company; Background of the company.
- Reliability in the digital economy. // Modern Power Systems;Dec2000, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p5
Reports the creation of consortium by Electric Power Research Institute in the United States and Great Britain. Goal of the consortium; Percentage of electricity used for Internet related activity; Construction of Web site hosting center by Guaedian IT Group.
- Seeing Through Soil. // Popular Mechanics;May2001, Vol. 178 Issue 5, p22
Introduces the Computer Aided Radar Tomography, a ground-penetrating radar technology, developed by the Electric Power Research Institute and Gas Research Institute.
- Incentive effects of environmental adders in electric power auctions. Bushnell, James B.; Oren, Shmuel S. // Energy Journal;1994, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p55
Discusses the incentive effects of environmental adders in electric power auctions. Examination of the options for incorporating environmental adders into auctions for non-utility generation; Use of regulators of adders in the operation and selection of generation resources.
- Generation costs outpace prices. // Modern Power Systems;Dec94, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p5
Reports that Bulgarian electricity generation costs have consistently outpaced prices, according to the head of Bulgaria's National Electricity Company.