HDD: Fundamental Change
- PROJECTS. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May2002, Vol. 229 Issue 5, p8
Reports developments related to pipeline projects as of May 2002. Contract between Horizon Offshore Inc. and PEMEX in Mexico; Launch of the Stim Star III service vessel by Halliburton Energy Services; Completion of a horizontal directional drill beneath the Tamar River by AJ Lucas Drilling Pty...
- Columbia Gulf replaces pipeline under Mississippi River. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan96, Vol. 223 Issue 1, p50
Reports that Columbia Gulf Transmission Company has replaced a gas pipeline under the Mississippi River using the directional drilling method. Length of the pipe; Construction conditions; corrosion control; Pipe installation; Testing the pipeline.
- A straightforward solution offered on winding road. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun96, Vol. 223 Issue 6, p48
Reports on Pacific Gas & Electric's use of horizontal directional boring technique to help relocate gas pipelines along San Francisco, California's hilly Lombard Street. Advantages of directional boring; Overview of the gas pipeline relocation project; Equipment used for directional boring.
- Venezuela Records HDD Growth. // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p26
Explores the demand for horizontal directional drilling (HDD) in Venezuela. Installation of oil, water and gas pipelines; Trenchless construction; Drilling units used for HDD.
- 2004 Large Directional Drilling Rig Census. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Oct2004, Vol. 231 Issue 10, p62
Presents the "Pipeline and Gas Journal's 2004" census of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) products. Categorization of HDD equipment; Capability of contractors to install pipelines, cable and condult in areas where conventional methods are unacceptable or uneconomical; Standardization of a...
- Directional drilling overcomes obstacles, protects environment. Barbeauld, R.O. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun99, Vol. 226 Issue 6, p26
Part II. Focuses on Colonial Pipeline Co.'s use of directional drilling method in building of its pipeline systems. Details of the company's directional drilling technique; Environmental benefits offered by the technique.
- Nevada HDD gas line installations pay off. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun99, Vol. 226 Issue 6, p40
Reports on Northern Pipeline Inc.'s use of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) technology for Southwest Gas Corp.'s gas pipeline system in Nevada. Details of the HDD projects.
- Laney Celebrates 20 Years As Large HDD Pioneer. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Nov2009, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p32
The article reports that Laney Directional Drilling Co. based in Humble, Texas is celebrating its 20th year as a large horizontal directional drilling (HDD) pioneer on pipeline projects. The company was founded by Marcus, Dickey, and Steve Laney, together with Robert Hamil in response to the...
- Laney Directional Drilling Completes Record Setting Drill. Tubb, Rita // Underground Construction;Apr2003, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p23
Reports on the use of a directional drill for installation of natural gas pipeline from Bolivia to Brazil by Laney Directional Drilling Co. Creation of the Yacuiba-Rio Grander pipeline; Implication of pipeline projects for economic growth and increasing natural gas exports; Problems of the...