Through-Hole Rework of Thermal Dissipating Assemblies
- Equipment reports. // Electronics Now;May95, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p14
Introduces the A.P.E. SMD-250 solder/desolder station from Automated Equipment Corporation. Features; Applications; Operating process.
- Untitled. // Bicycling;Jun2001, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p36
Gives advice about bicycle maintenance such as the use of silver solder to fuse the ends of stainless steel cables and the application of frame and fork protectors during traveling.
- Retipping Prongs With Solder. Revere, Alan; Cronauer, Werner; Friedman, Edward // JCK;Jan2001, Vol. 172 Issue 1, p176
Discusses the standard practices for retipping rings with solder. Retipping the tipton ring; Cleaning the ring in an ultrasonic bath followed by steaming; Selecting a small torch tip to produce a small neutral-to-oxidizing flame; Allowing the ring to cool slowly. INSET: The Lone Solder.
- Selective Soldering. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jan2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p51
The article evaluates the Juki 400 soldering manufactured by Juki Automation Systems company and offers information on the alternative traditional wave soldering equipment, 3-stage soldering process, multiple solder pots, and XY Fluxer option.
- Table Top Soldering Robot. // Wire & Cable Technology International;May/Jun2012, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p139
The article offers brief information on the TR300 Table Top Soldering Robot from MTA Automation Inc.
- Rework and Repair. // Circuits Assembly;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p14
This article presents ten timely tips for rework and repair in circuits assembly industry. The number one rule of rework is patience. An impatient operator can turn a simple rework operation into a major repair or scrap. Before starting rework, make sure all of the tools and equipment needed are...
- Rework with Lead-Free Solders. Wood, Paul // Circuits Assembly;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p18
Temperature differences between eutectic and lead-free solders mandate tighter processes, better profiles and precise rework systems. Time, cost, quality, repeatability: these are the primary concerns of the repair and rework cycle. Today, small, sensitive array packages, with complex profiles...
- Salvaging a triple Chain Bracelet. // JCK;Dec2001, Vol. 172 Issue 12, p86
Details the steps in repairing bracelets in the United States. Importance of a successful repair on the artisans; Advantages and drawbacks of the soldering methods to be used; Comparison on the appearance of the repaired jewelry and the original.
- To Crimp or Solder? Berman, Peter I.; Doyle, Jon R. // Cruising World;Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p18
Several letters to the editor is presented in response to Steve D'Antonio's article "To Crimp or Solder?" published in the January 2013 issue.