Managing Your ESD Program
- Automation plan offers competitive advantage. Thomas, Billy R. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/05/98, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p22
Discusses business strategies for developing automated systems. Kinds of competitive advantage based from the paper prepared for Robotics Industries Association; Information about the automation strategy; Factor that distinguishes productive factories from others.
- Firms love to learn lean. Addy, Rod // Food Manufacture;Mar2009, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p62
The article reports on the move of businesses to make a keen interest of lean techniques especially amidst the weak economy. It relates that the primary areas that tend to benefit more out of lean techniques are automation and engineering. It also provides information on several popular areas of...
- Investing in the right mgmt. tools. Drogseth, Dennis // Network World;1/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p47
Announces the author's hosting of a seminar on how companies can select the best availability and performance management tools, to be held in February 2002 in several cities in the United States. Evolution of performance management products to offer more detail about service levels, business...
- Modelling a Global EPCM (Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management) Enterprise. Chattopadhyay, Sekhar; Mo, John P.T. // International Journal of Engineering Business Management;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
This paper investigates the applicability of enterprise architectures in the context of current business environment by examining the application of Purdue Enterprise Reference Architecture to Worley Parsons, a global engineering, procurement and construction management enterprise, under the...
- Le_AN_A È™i…MeÈ™terul Manole - evoluÈ›ia producÈ›iei Lean. NĂFTĂNĂILĂ, Ion // Quality - Access to Success;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p34
No abstract available.
- The next nut to crack. Ward, Gareth // Printing World;8/26/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the significance of prepress automation in improving the business performance of various companies in Great Britain. Increase on the level of productivity; Reduction of overhead costs; Expansion of business opportunities. INSETS: Opinions are replaced by facts;Preflighting and workflow.
- Automating Your Business Processes for Success. Hilsenteger, Marty // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Aug2009, Vol. 108 Issue 8, pC36
The article focuses on the factors to be considered before automating business practices. It mentions on electrical contractor (EC) self evaluation since project owners are intolerant of the inefficient and old processes that are enforced by electrical contractors. It notes on more efficient...
- Enterprise architecture must take a leadership role in IT strategy and service delivery. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Nov2008, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p213
The article reports on the importance of enterprise architecture for an organization's information technology (IT) assets, people, operations and projects with its operational characteristics. It suggests that enterprise architecture must take a leadership role in IT strategy and delivery...
- Automatic reach. SODER, CHUCK // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/19/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p0001
The article discusses the increasing number of small and midsized local companies that are using marketing automation as an important tool. Topics covered include implementing automation software, the technique called progressive profiling, and how larger companies have used marketing automation...