Managing Your ESD Program
- Automation plan offers competitive advantage. Thomas, Billy R. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/05/98, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p22
Discusses business strategies for developing automated systems. Kinds of competitive advantage based from the paper prepared for Robotics Industries Association; Information about the automation strategy; Factor that distinguishes productive factories from others.
- Investing in the right mgmt. tools. Drogseth, Dennis // Network World;1/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p47
Announces the author's hosting of a seminar on how companies can select the best availability and performance management tools, to be held in February 2002 in several cities in the United States. Evolution of performance management products to offer more detail about service levels, business...
- Firms love to learn lean. Addy, Rod // Food Manufacture;Mar2009, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p62
The article reports on the move of businesses to make a keen interest of lean techniques especially amidst the weak economy. It relates that the primary areas that tend to benefit more out of lean techniques are automation and engineering. It also provides information on several popular areas of...
- Modelling a Global EPCM (Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management) Enterprise. Chattopadhyay, Sekhar; Mo, John P.T. // International Journal of Engineering Business Management;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
This paper investigates the applicability of enterprise architectures in the context of current business environment by examining the application of Purdue Enterprise Reference Architecture to Worley Parsons, a global engineering, procurement and construction management enterprise, under the...
- Companies turn to automation to save their businesses. Hernández, Gina M. // Caribbean Business;12/4/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 48, p44
The article reports on the benefits of using automation to companies in Puerto Rico. It states that automation cuts expenses and reduces staff to remain in business. In relevance, technological innovation improves human workload in industrial plants, which saves energy, increased functionality...
- Sales Force Automation Tools. Perez, Jennifer Anne // Customer Interface;May2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p38
Discusses the benefits of sales force automation (SFA) tools for sales representatives. Features of an SFA tool; List of companies that provide SFA products; Advantages of SFA tools in improving customer relations and information sharing.
- Le_AN_A È™i…MeÈ™terul Manole - evoluÈ›ia producÈ›iei Lean. NĂFTĂNĂILĂ, Ion // Quality - Access to Success;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p34
No abstract available.
- AUTOMATION--A TOOL DEDICATED TO THE SERVICE OF MAN. Bearinger, Van W. // Advanced Management Journal;Winter68, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p40
Deals with the social, technical and economic implications of automation. Shift in the attitude of union leaders toward automation; Arguments against automation; Contributions of automation to industrial management; Recommendations on the management and application of automation.
- Solving the top 5 IT problems. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Nov2005, p30
This article emphasizes the role of automation in addressing business challenges. Automation offers solutions to some of the most common problems that businesses face each day. The on demand information technology (IT) environment is characterized by agile systems with lower IT costs and high...