Outlook for 2002: Prospects for a Brighter End
- Mid-Year Semiconductor Outlook. Johnson, Grant // ECN: Electronic Component News;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p29
Focuses on the recovery of the semiconductor industry in the U.S. Sales performance of the industry; Improvement of the economic conditions in the country; Increase in the microchip sales.
- Multilayer resist strategies. Slezak, Mark // Solid State Technology;Jul2003, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the economic pressure faced by the integrated circuit manufacturer in the U.S. Cost of transitioning to tools with shorter wavelengths; Percentage of silicon in top-imaging materials; Development of the conventional single-layer resist.
- Chipmakers Are Awakening From One of Their Worst Downturns, But Gains Are Spotty. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p18
Reports on the performance of chipmakers in Orange County, California as of June 2002. Information on the global sales of microchips; Projections of Conexant Systems Inc. for revenue; Effects of the U.S. economic downturn on the chipmakers.
- Worldwide EMS Industry to Recover. // Circuits Assembly;Feb2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
No abstract available.
- The TWICE top 5: The best-selling products at retail. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/23/99, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p18
Lists the best-selling consumer electronic products in the United States as of June 1999. Includes home audio systems; Automobile audio products; Digital cameras.
- CAN YOU FEEL THE UPTICK YET? Spiegel, Robert // Electronic News;12/2/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 49, p8
Comments on the effect of the economic downturn on the U.S. electronics industry. Factors that may pull the economy back to recession; Reason that companies cannot cut back prices despite the downturn.
- WEAK ECONOMY, LAYOFFS HAMMER EE CONTINUING EDUCATION. Schneiderman, Ron // Electronic Design;4/28/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p72
Reports on the impact of economic condition on the employment rate and sales performance of electronic industries in the U.S. Changes in technologies and financial support; Provision of continuing education for electronic engineering; Need of development for test and measurement instrument.
- Parts Shortages Test Suppliers. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;04/03/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
Reports on developments related to the consumer electronics industry in the United States as of April 3, 2000. Audio and video product manufacturers' efforts to meet their sales projections; Causes of product shortages.
- August Produces Strong Sales Of Video Products. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/18/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p6
Focuses on developments related to the video sector of the consumer electronics industry in the United States in August 2000. Increase in sales of video hardware to dealers; Data from the Consumer Electronics Association.