OEMs Slow to Share Business Systems
- Military/Aerospace Offers "Unique Hurdles, Timely Opportunities" for EMS. // Circuits Assembly;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p10
Alameda, California-based Technology Forecasters Inc. (TFI) has released a study detailing special challenges experienced by military and aerospace electronics manufacturers and how outsourcing manufacturing is presenting new advantages. For the study, TFI interviewed aerospace/defense...
- Report: Medical OEMs Give EMS Partners a 'C' // Printed Circuit Design;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the evaluation given by some operations executives in the medical firms to the electronics manufacturing services (EMS) providers in the U.S. based on the survey conducted by Technology Forecaster Inc. Percentage of revenues generated in the medical sector by the EMS firms in 2001;...
- TFI Forecasts Dip in EMS Outsourcing Revenue. // Circuits Assembly;Dec2001, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p8
Reports the plan of Technology Forecasters Inc. to present forecasts of the electronics manufacturing services (EMS). Aim to hold a discussion of the original design market; Decline of global EMS revenue; Offer of guidance on the extent of original equipment manufacturer (OEM)-to-OEM...
- The Customer Is Always Right. Yos, Narith // Circuits Assembly;Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p54
Highlights the Service Excellence Awards for Electronics Manufacturing Services Providers honoring electronic companies in California. Excellence of manufacturing industries in the area of customer service; Sponsorship of the program by the Technology Forecasters Inc.; Number of participating...
- Contract manufacturing to outpace industry by 20%. // Electronic News;09/08/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2184, p48
Focuses on Technology Forecasters' report on the overall growth of the electronics industry in the United States by the beginning of the next century. Anticipation of the growth on contract manufacturing; Demands of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs); Global nature of OEMs' outsourcing...
- Largest EMS Firms Lead Growth. // Electronic News;07/10/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 28, p66
Provides a graph of worldwide electronics contract manufacturing growth rates by company size from 1998 to 2003, according to Technology Forecasters Incorporated.
- Safety in Numbers. Hamburg, Lisa // Circuits Assembly;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p7
Editorial. Focuses on the improvement of alliances in electronics manufacturing industry in the U.S. Aim of the Assemblï¿½on and Speedline Alliance on the alliance; Advantage of manufacturing expertise; Benefit of partnership.
- TVB EUROPE CHANNEL IN A BOX TV: NEWS IN BRIEF. // TVB Europe;Feb2010, p24
The article offers news briefs on topics including the release of the OSP-8229 quad split video processor from Ross Video, technology partnership of Aspera and Axceleon, and collaboration of Brick House Video and Network Electronic France.
- With CES Ahead, It's Partner-Up Time Again. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;11/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p47
The author focuses on various partnerships that occurred in the electronic industry as a preparation for the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in the U.S. and discusses its connection with the cable industry.