SMTA Mobile Classroom Visits Toronto
- A season for reflection. Gibbons, Andrew // People Management;12/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p45
Deals with issues significant for managing professional development during and beyond 2001. Value of learning people over the learned; Challenges posed by learning.
- Rigorous programs lead to plentiful, high-paying jobs. Mulford, Carolyn // Vocational Education Journal;Feb95, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p37
Reports on programs designed to train students in electronics in the United States. Features of the programs; Teaching tools.
- Heathkit individual learning system for the A+ Certification ... // Popular Electronics;Mar96, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p32
Reports that much of the electronics world has shifted toward computers in recent years eliminating most of the jobs in this field. What the A+ Certification program entails; Details on the course.
- Untitled. // Electronics Now;Dec93, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p14
Answers several commonly asked questions in electronics. Schematic representation of a constant voltage regulator; Installation of a safety cutoff in an electric welder.
- Digital photo imaging, a pair of new GPS books, magnetic field resources, fluxgate compass papers... Lancaster, Don // Electronics Now;Dec93, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p72
Discusses several topics in electronics. Spotless halftone technique in digital photo imaging; Measurement of weak magnetic fields; `Semiconductor Master Selection Guide' from Motorola; `Linear Circuits Data Book' from Texas Instruments; `Wireless Communication IC Summary' from Hitachi.
- The Atomic Relay. Menelly, Daniel J. // Gifted Child Today Magazine;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on integrating a physical education component with work in science class and to reinforce the abstract notion that electrons emit energy in the form of visible light, a form of electromagnetic wave. Designing of an activity that might engage students on the soccer field; Activities...
- Trainer oscilloscope. // Electronics Now;Jul93, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p26
Presents MCM Electronic's Tenma Trainer Oscilloscope for students and entry-level electronic hobbyists. High sensitivity; Smooth roll-off; Maximum triggering sweep speed; Availability.
- Quick news. // Electronic Design;9/16/96, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p64R
Reports on developments concerning electronics education in the United States for the week ending September 16, 1996. Chauncey Group International's provision of contract support to develop a pool of questions to be used in the certification of work-ready electronics technicians; Establishment...
- Back to school. Engelke, Roger; Sciannamea, Mike // Electronic Design;10/01/96, Vol. 44 Issue 20, p64D
Features various seminars on electronics. Includes Ergonomics Inc.'s `Testing Product Power Quality--Meet EMC Directive for Harmonics'; `ELF/VLF Magnetic Fields and the New MPR3--A Technical Update of EMF Standards and Testing'.