Antidote For Billing Headaches
- Japanese Teens Go Mobile For Music. // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p27
Describes the wireless Internet service launched by Nissho Iwai Infocom Systems Co., wherein Japanese teenagers can use cellular telephones for musical entertainment. Benefits offered by the service; Expectation on mobile telephone users in Japan.
- Blastoff: Verizon Launches 3G. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p1
States that Verizon Wireless will launch its Express Network, a third-generation wireless communication service, on January 28, 2002. Areas in the U.S. that will be initially covered by the service; Implication of the launching of the service to the wireless communication industry; Technology...
- Pyrrhic Battle Over Wireless LNP. Menezes, Bill // Wireless Week;5/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p4
Comments on the dispute over local number portability (LNP) in the wireless communication industry. Effects of the dispute on consumer perception; Disadvantages of implementing wireless LNP; Issue on the saturation of the wireless market.
- Wireless LNP Logistics Can Be Handled. Hermansen, Linda // Wireless Week;5/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p32
Comments on the issue on local number portability (LNP) in the wireless industry. Debates on the cost-effectiveness of LNP; Effects of LNP on wireless on the operation of wireless carriers; Factors to be considered by carriers during the porting process.
- Road Trip Takes Onerous Turn. // Wireless Week;8/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p4
Provides information on the wireless data service industry in the U.S. in 2003. Signals of wireless service providers during travel in rural areas; Key factor considered by providers in making business decisions; Attitude of customers toward wireless service.
- SEPARATING THE HYPE FROM THE FACTS: IS THE INDUSTRY GOING TO BE WIRELESS? Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;06/12/2001 Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p12
Focuses on the effect of wireless technology on the financial services industry in the United States. Utilization of mobile data services by Wall Street firms; Demand of consumers for wireless services; Business advantage of companies offering wireless services.
- CELLULAR VENDORS FIND NEW LUCRATIVE MARKET. // Telephone IP News;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Focuses on a study by ARC Group which predicted that channels such as Intelligent Transport and public transportation information, signaling and control systems will open up new opportunities for cellular companies.
- Location based services: where it's at. Tanner, John C. // Wireless Asia;Nov2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p22
Reports that mobile telephone service vendors view Enhanced Observed Time Different as the next step in developing location-based services; Other developments that are raising standards on accuracy in the sector; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on wireless...
- Losing the 3G religion. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;Nov2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p36
Comments on the pros and cons of third-generation (3G) cellular telephone services. Key features of 3G mobile communications technology; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on wireless communication systems.