CTIA Stumps Against LNP
- CTIA asks FCC to pre-empt local siting moratoria. Wayne, Debra // RCR;12/30/96, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p4
Reports that according to the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) in the United States, several siting moratoria have taken place or are pending since the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Details on the Act; Why the CTIA wants the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to...
- Pre-empted by net neutrality. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;6/19/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the possibility for the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association to introduce a provision under the proposed U.S. telecommunication reform legislation that would expand federal pre-emption beyond that approved by the Congress in 1993. The biggest wireless legal...
- Altschul pushes FCC on CALEA rules. // RCR Wireless News;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the effort of Michael Altschul of the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association to push the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to deal with priority access or the Communications Assistance Law Enforcement Act of 1994. Responsibility of the agency to give the...
- Accounting mess hits home. Silva, Jeffrey; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the accounting mess in the U.S. that could lead to stiffer federal regulation of the wireless industry. Bankruptcy of WorldCom Inc.; Request of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Federal Trade Commission for more powers; Reaction of the Cellular Telecommunications &...
- CTIA CPP document ready for standards presentation. Wayne, Debra // RCR;01/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p14
States that the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) has completed work on a calling-party-pays standard schedules for presentation to `appropriate industry standards bodies.' Reasons for ending the collect-call mentality; Details on the drafting of the CTIA Calling Party...
- CTIA Wireless 98 to accomodate international firms. // RCR;01/26/98, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p35
Reports on the accommodation of the Wireless 98 convention held by the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA). International participants; Comments from Jeff Nelson, CTIA spokesman; What Wireless 98 show will include.
- CTIA unveils APPYs to honor innovation. // RCR;7/22/96, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p18
Reports on the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association's (TCI) announcement of a new awards program to recognize innovative work in the field of wireless applications technology. Announcement of winners at the 1996 Wireless Apps conference.
- Citing site abuses, CTIA asks FCC to clarify federal tower rules. Wayne, Debra // RCR;01/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p5
States that Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association President Tom Wheeler has asked Wireless Bureau Chief Michele Farquhar to clarify disputed issues relating to federal tower rules. What issues were addressed for clarification; Discussion on the issues.
- CTIA points out to park service that airtime perk is prejudicial. Wayne, Debra // RCR;09/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p22
Reports that the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association has urged the United States Park Service to rule on the wireless site applications and to stop asking for perks like free airtime. Detailed information on the park service guidelines the Cellular Telecommunication Industry (CTIA)...