Tower Group's Agenda Takes Shape
- Strong Future Despite Subscriber Slowdown. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p17
Explores communication tower industry's prospects. View of SBA Communications Inc.'s Jeffrey Stoops on the year 2002; Optimistic outlook on the industry based on the interview of top wireless carriers; Factor that could possibly reduce tower demand.
- You can't always get what you want. Funk, Clayton // Site Management & Technology;Fall/Winter2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p32
Comments on the status of tower and wireless industries, as of November 2002. Details on the problems facing the tower industry; Information on the increasing credit instability of many carriers; Factors contributing to current industry problems.
- A Time to Sell. Witkin, Patty // Wireless Review;05/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, A Review of New Sites p7
Cites the decision of tower companies to consolidate assets, personnel and services. Benefits of tower companies on the trend that emerge in the industry; Information on the sale of Airadigm Communications' tower to SpectraSite; Approach used by the company in selling; Factors to consider when...
- Seller Beware. Harter, Betsy // Wireless Review;06/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p80
Discusses the factors to consider when selling wireless telecommunication towers. Network control; References about tower companies; Stipulations of the contract.
- Erect Peacekeeper tower won't shrink in cold, says chief. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;10/3/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p6
The article reports on the erection of the 190-foot communications tower near the PK station in Kahnawake, Quebec that will boost the communication powers of the Kahnawake Fire Brigade, Kahnawake Peacekeepers and other services in the communities across the province.
- Telecom firms resist CDA policy; avoid towers sharing. // Flare (Pakistan);6/15/2012, p61
The article reports that the telecommunication services in the Islamabad have been resisting the policy of the Capital Development Authority (CDA) and avoids sharing each other's towers for curtailing their growth.
- Pinnacle purchases 12 towers. // RCR;01/26/98, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
Announces that Pinnacle Towers Incorporated has purchased 12 towers from Shore & West Shore Communications. How this venture will allow Pinnacle to access certain telecommunications markets in Baltimore and the eastern coast of Maryland; Location of the towers owned by Pinnacle.
- Tower Siting: From Pincushions To Porcupines. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p12
Deals with the proposed measures of California and Michigan that would regulate tower placement for the communication industry. Implication of such measures; Symbol of the anti-tower movement in the United States; Details on the Michigan legislation; Information on the ordinance in Los Angeles,...
- Can't beat them? Join them. Johnson, Mitchell // Public Management (00333611);Jun98, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the cellular and personal communication systems (PCS) towers in Greensboro, North Carolina. Alternatives for cellular providers looking for tower space in Greensboro; Guidelines for tower siting from Greensboro's general services and planning department.