Re-Auction Refund Order Expected Soon
- Carriers mixed on auction deposit refund. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the deposits to be refunded by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from the re-auction of telecommunication licenses originally won by NextWave Telecom Inc. and Urban Comm-North Carolina Inc. Types of licenses re-auctioned; Value of the deposits to be returned.
- NextWave Ball Lands In Federal Appeals Court. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p3
Reports that a federal appeals court in the United States could rule whether to accept United States Federal Communications (FCC) Commission's motion for a stay of mandate in the NextWave Telecom Inc. spectrum case in August 2001. Why the FCC confiscated the licenses NextWave won in 1996;...
- Carriers Should See Deposit Refund. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p1
Reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission is set to return the money deposited by bidders on NextWave Telecom Inc.'s wireless spectrum licenses. Amount paid by Verizon to the agency in the re-auction of NextWave spectrum.
- NextWave: No End in Sight. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;10/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the oral arguments between the lawyers of NextWave Telecom and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission at the U.S. Supreme Court. Remarks from Allen Salmasi, chief executive of NextWave; Plan of the company if it losses the case; Details on the legal arguments.
- NextWave given time to build out. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p11
Reports that the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) gave bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc. additional time to meet its network buildout requirements but also restricted the company's ability to sell its assets to a large corporation. Amount of...
- A second chance to get it right. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;01/13/97, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p8
Reveals that the US Federal Communications Commission has granted licenses to NextWave Telecom's 63 C block personal communication services on the condition that NetWave will modify its financial structure. Entities that could appeal the decision; Impact of the rule on the wireless industry;...
- NextWave Spectrum Bidders Want Out. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/23/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p1
Provides information on the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to open a public comment period for the acquisition of NextWave Telecom.
- NextWave Penny Tossed Around. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;5/20/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p1
Talks about the implications of the failed auction of NextWave Telecom Inc.'s spectrum by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in May 2002. Information on a bill that would free companies which won a piece of NextWave's spectrum, from having to pay for the spectrum after the Supreme Court...
- 'We're Close,' NextWave Says. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the settlement of a dispute between NextWave Telecom Inc. and the United States Federal Communications Commission over the firm's spectrum licenses, as of November 2001. Importance of the settlement for the industry; Terms under the deal; Concerns of regulators and industry lobbyists...