Nokia Seeks To Create A Tornado Effect
- SMART SURFERS. Brown, Joe // Popular Science;Apr2007, Vol. 270 Issue 4, p20
The article offers an evaluation of cell phone operating systems in regard to their internet access capabilities. Tested were the Series 60, third edition operating system on the Nokia N80 mobile phone, and the Celltop operating system on the Samsung SCH-u520 mobile phone.
- HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU, INDIA. SEN, SUNNY // Business Today;8/17/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p46
The article discusses the connection of chief operating officer of Facebook, online social network, sheryl sandberg with India and also offers information on the growth of Facebook users in India. Topics discussed include growth of mobile internet users, strategies from mobile operators to...
- Intel, Nokia Partnership Changes Wireless Market. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;10/9/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 41, p19
The article reports on the partnership of Nokia and Intel to offer embedded wireless Internet connectivity in laptops which changed the market outlook for embedded cellular modems in personal computers (PC), according to ABI Research. ABI Research's senior analyst Philip Solis said that Intel is...
- Alliance takes LBS inside. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Sep2012, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p6
The article offers information regarding the importance of location based services (LBS). It offers comparison between LBS and global positioning system (GPS). It mentions the usage of In-Location Alliance based on wi-fi and bluetooth technology by several companies including Nokia Corp.,...
- Nokia pushes harder for enterprise mobility. Cox, John // Network World;12/5/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p29
The article reports on the plan of cellular phone manufacturer Nokia to acquire wireless email developer Intellisync and integrate it into its Enterprise Solutions group. The group, which is headed by Mary McDowell, is developing mobile data applications for Nokia. Nokia has also launched its...
- NOKIA UNVEILS LATEST WIRELESS CONSUMER SERVICES SOFTWARE. // Tele-Service News;Aug2001, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Deals with the mobile phone software introduced by Nokia company which can be adapted to support the GSMA M-Services proposal.
- Nokia reports highest-ever sales and profits. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p38
States that Nokia Corporation reported the highest net sales, profits and earning per share in its history, at the end of its 1997 fiscal year. Background information on the company; Details on the company's earnings.
- Nokia A&K shares split in half. // RCR;04/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p32
Reports that Nokia Corporation's A and K shares were cut in half. Reason for the cut; Plans of the company.
- Nokia pins its hopes on youthful R&D. Blau, John; Wolff, M.F. // Research Technology Management;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p3
Features Finland's Nokia Oy, maker of personal communication devices and multimedia systems. Management changes and company objectives; Number of research labs worldwide; Description of Finland's free market.