Linchpin For Wireless Growth
- Nextel Begins Outsourcing Blitz. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the move of Nextel Communications Inc. to outsource some of its basic business functions. Reason of the company for its decision to outsource; Trend among the companies in the wireless communication industry to outsource; Companies with which Nextel Communications forged outsourcing...
- Network suppliers look to Outsourcing for hope. // RCR Wireless News;2/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the shift of mobile equipment suppliers to outsourcing of managing and operating mobile networks. Reasons for the shift; Market focus of Alcatel; Plans of Nortel Networks Ltd. in managed services market.
- T-Mobile scraps News Express service in restructuring move. // New Media Age;6/9/2005, p4
This article reports on the abolition by mobile service operator T-Mobile of its News Express mobile Flash service in line with its restructuring moves which started in 2005. The area of mobile data has also been earmarked in general for a move to outsourcing, providing potential opportunities...
- Verizon Wireless installs system in NYC train tunnels. Chamoff, Lisa // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/8/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p25A
Reports on the cellular telephone service in the train tunnels from Verizon Wireless Inc. in New York City.
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. Kilborn, Robert; Nichols, Judy; Burek, Joshua S. // Christian Science Monitor;5/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 131, p24
Mentions the expected announcement of the takeover of British mobile phone operator Orange Plc. by France Telecom.
- Off The Mark. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on the success of the i-mode wireless communication service of NTT DoCoMo. European carriers that launched their version of i-mode; Decision of DoCoMo to scale back the expectations for its commercial third-generation services; Performance of the freedom of multimedia access technology...
- MOUs shrink, carriers' ARPU amplifies. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on the marketing strategy of wireless carriers in the United States to lure customers. Free talk-time offered by wireless carriers; Information on peak and off-peak air times of the carriers; Efforts of carriers to change their marketing offerings.
- 'Boring' carriers will survive down economy. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;4/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the effects of the recession on the wireless communication industry. Prediction on the performance of the industry made by Ovum; Companies who will survive the recession; Resiliency of incumbent carriers.
- Wireline carriers blast Sprint's reciprocal compensation request. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p30
Discusses the controversy between the wireline and wireless industries of the United States regarding the wireless industry's request for a change in the way reciprocal compensation is calculated, to take into account additional costs incurred by commercial mobile radio services.