Vendors Look For Opportunity
- Wireline carriers blast Sprint's reciprocal compensation request. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p30
Discusses the controversy between the wireline and wireless industries of the United States regarding the wireless industry's request for a change in the way reciprocal compensation is calculated, to take into account additional costs incurred by commercial mobile radio services.
- Middle East, Africa poised for growth. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p48
Highlights The Strategis Group's forecast of a significant increase in cellular and third-generation technology subscribers in the Middle East and Africa for 2007.
- WIRELESS CARRIERS HAVE BEGUN TO EXHAUST SUBSCRIBER BASE. // Tele-Service News;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p4
Presents an outlook on the viability of the prepaid cellular telephone service in the U.S.
- ULSTER COUNTY BENEFITS FROM WIRELESS NETWORK EXPANSION. // RBOC Update;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that Verizon Wireless has expanded its network with a new cellular site in Wawarsing, Ulster County, New York. The site increases coverage and capacity along Route 209 South toward Spring Glenn, along Route 209 North toward Wawarsing, and within the village of Ellenville. The...
- Cell-Phone Makers Implement Swappable Instant Messaging. Eccles, Lisa // Electronic Design;7/9/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 14, p36
Focuses on the implementation of Enhanced Messaging Service (EMS) standard by four cellular-phone manufacturers. Launch of value-added services; Advantages provided by EMS standard to cellular customers; Expansion of EMS technology through the Short Message Service standard.
- Telecom News. // Computing Japan;Aug99, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p38
Presents news briefs about the telecommunications industry in Japan. Entry of Sony Corp. in the wireless Type 1 carrier market in Japan; Statistics on the number of cellular subscriptions in Japan for the month of May 1999.
- US cellular: So cheap, so underappreciated. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;07/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p18
Details the study by the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development on the low cellular penetration rates in North America. Percentage of decline in the average cellular prices in the United States since 1998; Competitiveness of cellular pricing; Why cellular use is not popular in...
- Convergence Ahead. Modi, Shishir // Global Telephony;May2000, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p32
Discusses the factors that set the stage for telecommunication network operators to consider seamless service for fixed and mobile subscribers. Easing of regulatory constraints; Emergence of intelligent network platforms that integrate wireless/wireline enhanced services; Declining mobile...
- Finding Common Ground. Todd, Karissa // Wireless Review;08/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 16, A Review of Established Sites pES3
Deals with the zoning issues being faced by cellular telecommunication carriers. Zoning troubles encountered by carriers while adding antennas and making network adjustments; Role of the zoning boards; Information on the approaches by Alltel and AirTouch. INSETS: New Equipment Enhances...