Nextel Begins Outsourcing Blitz
- Silver Lining Shines Through Clouds. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;6/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p24
Deals with issues facing several wireless operators in the U.S. as of May 2003. Impact of the adoption of the free cash flow financial metric on infrastructure vendors; Information on the plans of Nextel Communications to develop a global DirectConnect service; Increase in the subscribers of...
- Linchpin For Wireless Growth. D'Agnostino Jr., Bill // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p3
Explains that outsourcing will be the key to sustain the growth of the cellular telephone service industry in the United States. Projection on market penetration of the industry by 2010; Why outsourcing will take a major role in the industry's growth; Futures needs of the companies in the...
- Bring it on. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;6/16/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p10
Comments on the views of Nextel Communications Inc. chief executive officer Tim Donahue about the the issue of wireless local number portability (WLNP). Views of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) on the issue of WLNP; Disagreement between Nextel and CTIA; Proposal of...
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;7/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p15
Presents news briefs on the cellular telephone service industry as of July 8, 2002. Decision of BellSouth Corp. to repurchase its outstanding common stock in Cingular Wireless; Claim of Mitsubishi Corp. that is has developed a prototype system fore wireless local area network technology;...
- Carriers up on cash flow, push-to-talk. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;2/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the efforts of wireless communication carriers to improve its cash flow. Increase in the market share of Nextel Communications Inc. and T-Mobile USA Inc.; Problems faced by Sprint PCS with customer acceptance; Efforts of U.S. Cellular to retain its first-place ranking for customer...
- Network suppliers look to Outsourcing for hope. // RCR Wireless News;2/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the shift of mobile equipment suppliers to outsourcing of managing and operating mobile networks. Reasons for the shift; Market focus of Alcatel; Plans of Nortel Networks Ltd. in managed services market.
- Dell gets friendly with AMD. Cringely, Robert X. // InfoWorld;7/16/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p16
Presents an update on information technology (IT) as of July 16, 2001. Reason behind the plan of Nextel to outsource its IT department; Comment on the advantage of Apple's wares; Use of the file-sharing technology of Napster.
- Amdocs to supply billing, customer-care services to Nextel. // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p10
Reports on Amdocs Ltd.'s entry into a seven-year outsourcing agreement to provide Nextel Communications Inc.'s wireless operations in the United States with billing and customer-care services.
- Data rollouts will lead to more
competition for carriers, MVNOs. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/5/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the expected competition between wireless carriers and mobile virtual network operators in the U.S. high-speed wireless data market. Plan of Verizon Wireless and Sprint PCS to deploy high-speed wireless data transmission across their networks; Tests conducted by T-Mobile USA Inc. and...