Blastoff: Verizon Launches 3G
- Japanese Teens Go Mobile For Music. // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p27
Describes the wireless Internet service launched by Nissho Iwai Infocom Systems Co., wherein Japanese teenagers can use cellular telephones for musical entertainment. Benefits offered by the service; Expectation on mobile telephone users in Japan.
- Pyrrhic Battle Over Wireless LNP. Menezes, Bill // Wireless Week;5/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p4
Comments on the dispute over local number portability (LNP) in the wireless communication industry. Effects of the dispute on consumer perception; Disadvantages of implementing wireless LNP; Issue on the saturation of the wireless market.
- Wireless LNP Logistics Can Be Handled. Hermansen, Linda // Wireless Week;5/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p32
Comments on the issue on local number portability (LNP) in the wireless industry. Debates on the cost-effectiveness of LNP; Effects of LNP on wireless on the operation of wireless carriers; Factors to be considered by carriers during the porting process.
- CELLULAR VENDORS FIND NEW LUCRATIVE MARKET. // Telephone IP News;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Focuses on a study by ARC Group which predicted that channels such as Intelligent Transport and public transportation information, signaling and control systems will open up new opportunities for cellular companies.
- Location based services: where it's at. Tanner, John C. // Wireless Asia;Nov2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p22
Reports that mobile telephone service vendors view Enhanced Observed Time Different as the next step in developing location-based services; Other developments that are raising standards on accuracy in the sector; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on wireless...
- Losing the 3G religion. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;Nov2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p36
Comments on the pros and cons of third-generation (3G) cellular telephone services. Key features of 3G mobile communications technology; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on wireless communication systems.
- Use 'em or save 'em. // Telephony;02/02/98, Vol. 233 Issue 5, p28
Reports on BellSouth Mobility DCS Inc.'s launching of a promotion that allows wireless customers to carry over unused minutes to the next month instead of losing them at the end of the month.
- The bits at the end of the Rainbow. // Network World;7/29/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p20
Comments on the alliance of several telecommunication carriers to develop an 802.11-based wireless service on public spaces. Carriers involved in Project Rainbow; Support of Intel Corp. on 802.11 wireless standard; Significance of the alliance.
- 3G acceptance will present challenges. // RCR Wireless News;7/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p4
Forecasts that the third-generation technology for mobile communication will face challenges. Prediction on the growth of the cellular telephone service industry by 2007; Factors that will affect the industry.