Children's active play: self-reported motivators, barriers and facilitators
- Getting Your Minds in Shape. Murray, Lori // Parenting;Fall99 Special Issue, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p21
Focuses on the benefits of physical fitness to a child's brain development. Benefits of physical activity to a child's brain.
- Beyond bushfires: community, resilience and recovery - a longitudinal mixed method study of the medium to long term impacts of bushfires on mental health and social connectedness. Gibbs, Lisa; Waters, Elizabeth; Bryant, Richard A.; Pattison, Philippa; Lusher, Dean; Harms, Louise; Richardson, John; MacDougall, Colin; Block, Karen; Snowdon, Elyse; Gallagher, Hugh Colin; Sinnott, Vikki; Ireton, Greg; Forbes, David // BMC Public Health;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background Natural disasters represent an increasing threat both in terms of incidence and severity as a result of climate change. Although much is known about individual responses to disasters, much less is known about the social and contextual response and how this interacts with individual...
- Get Off That Couch. Miller, Annetta // Newsweek;11/26/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 22, p78
Discusses ways to keep children active during school years. Schools cutting physical education and recess; Recommendation to emphasize physical activities as rewards and to give gifts that encourage activity; Link between physical and mental fitness.
- STUDENTU - SPORTISTU STUDIJU GRÅªTÄªBAS UN TO MAZINÄ€Å ANAS IESPÄ’JAS RTU. Krieva, B. // Humanities & Social Science (1407-9291);2007, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p158
Nowadays, sport and physical development becomes an actual problem of sport pedagogy research. The stance, strength, deftness and speed of every child, adolescent and adult are the guarantee for a mental health. Therefore there is a need to support wish of students -- sportsmen to combine...
- One Province's Experience with Health Promoting Schools. Whitby, Caroline // Physical & Health Education Journal;2014, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses findings from the province-wide project Children's Lifestyle and School- Performance Study II (CLASS II) which is part of a developing body of knowledge related to Health Promoting Schools (HPS) in Nova Scotia. It cites the project's examination of the links between health,...
- START 'EM YOUNG. // Men's Health;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p57
The article deals with the importance of physical fitness to the mental state of teenagers. A research published in the journal Pediatrics found that those who played sports were less likely to participate in risky behaviors or have low self-esteem. Athletic children also had better grades.
- SMARTER AND FASTER. Gibson, Donna // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);5/2/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 18, p83
Presents information on a study in the U.S., regarding the correlation between physical fitness and mental processing abilities of adults and children. Research on reaction times.
- Effects of Text Messaging on College Students' Perceptions of Personal Health. Hudson, Heather K.; Bliss, Kadi R.; Fetro, Joyce V. // Health Educator;Spring2012, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p28
Four focus groups of undergraduate students (n = 32) were conducted to elicit perceptions regarding how text messaging affects personal health. Participant responses were coded and themed into five health dimensions: physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual. Results of focus groups...
- Teens test mobile experience. // RCR Wireless News;6/19/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p16
The article provides information on a focus group of 11 teenage wireless users created by Mobilitec Inc. which provides a platform for selling mobile content. Mobilitec gives the children monthly assignments and asks them to provide feedback and rate their experiences finding, downloading and...