Impact of different pack sizes of paracetamol in the United Kingdom and Ireland on intentional overdoses: a comparative study
- Evolving responsibilities in pharmacy. BRUSHWOOD, DAVID B. // Pharmacy Today;Apr2015, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p65
The article discusses significance of responsibilities of pharmacists in serving the patients, focusing on judicial procedures in the U.S. related to pharmacy professionals. It cites a court case in Florida wherein a woman sued a pharmacy that allegedly provided medicines such as...
- Enhancing Student Advocacy by Broadening Perspective. Beardsley, Robert S. // American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education;Feb2004, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p1
Reports on enhancing the student advocacy by increasing involvement of the schools and colleges. Use of student chapters of national pharmacy organizations for presenting contemporary pharmacy issues; Need for leadership development programs for effective work by the organizations; Strength to...
- PILL SPLITTING: A HALF-BAKED IDEA? Magill-Lewis, Jillene // Drug Topics;11/5/2001, Vol. 145 Issue 21, p30
Comments on the pill splitting proposal of pharmacists in the United States. Discussion on the administration and proper dosage of drugs; Cost of prescription drugs; Regulations imposed under the pharmacy law.
- Congress approves drug coverage and funding. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare;Aug2000, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p18
Reports that Republicans in the United States House of Representatives have approved a prescription drug benefit. Pressure to increase consumer access to needed medicines; Proposal to boost payments to Medicare+Choice plans; Establishment of Medicare prescription drug plans.
- HIGH COURT DEFENDS OFF-LABEL PROMOTION. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on the federal court's decision on off-label drug promotions in the U.S. Support for the compounding pharmacists' free-speech rights; Revisions made to the Food and Drug Administration's restrictions on commercial speech; Emphasis promoting methods to protect public health.
- Pharmacy Compounding: Customizing Drugs. Nordenberg, Tamar // Consumers' Research Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p22
Discusses the pharmacy-compounding law in the United States. Objective of the law; Reaction of health professionals to the law; Drawbacks of the law. INSET: The Law Laid Out..
- Foreign pharmacy owners attack planned limits. Csonka, Agnes // Budapest Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 9 Issue 41
Reports on a proposed amendment to the Pharmacy Law in Hungary. Limitation of the stakes of foreign owners of pharmacy chains; Market controlled by foreign-owned pharmacy chains.
- Mainers need not apply. // Drug Topics;10/10/94, Vol. 138 Issue 19, p7
Reports that the state of Maine has been excluded from the rebate program for Miles' calcium-channel blocker due to state legislation on unitary pharmacy pricing.
- Discriminatory pricing update. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;4/10/95, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p54
Provides an update on developments related to the pharmaceutical industry of the United States for the week ending April 10, 1995. Legislative battle over equal access to pharmaceutical discounts; Arizona pharmacists' efforts to create a bill that would establish another classification of...