Healthcare workers' participation in a healthylifestyle- promotion project in western Sweden
- EXERCISE HABITS OF HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL STUDENTS AND NON HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL STUDENTS- A CROSS SECTIONAL SURVEY. ALAGESAN, JAGATHEESAN; PANDEY, VIVEK // International Journal of Pharma & Bio Sciences;Apr2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, pB-117
Exercise is an important component of healthy lifestyle to reduce a person's risk of developing the disease and subsequent disability. Health care professional students' physical activity behaviours may provide an indicator for the future of physical activity among those in the profession. This...
- Counseling for Physical Activity in Overweight and Obese Patients. McInnis, Kyle J.; Franklin, Barry A.; Rippe, James M. // American Family Physician;3/15/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p1249
Presents a description of elements important in counseling patients about physical activity and guidelines for developing physical activity programs for patients who are overweight or obese. Health consequences of obesity; Sedentary behavior in overweight and obese persons; Role of physical...
- Nurses identify barriers to educating patients about meds. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jan2004, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p64
Discusses the areas where other health care providers can offer support to nurses with regard to educating patients about their take-home medications. Supply of adequate materials; Availability of written materials; Medication error information.
- Making sure all voices are heard. // Patient Education Management;Feb2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p16
When selecting patients and family members to form a partnership with staff in creating a culture of patient-centered care, it is important to represent all people served by the medical center. In addition, it is important to make sure all the representatives know how to make their voices heard.
- CONTINUING PHARMACYEDUCATION SERIES-RISK FACTORS AND COMPLICATIONS OF DIABETES. Sheejav, S.; Reddym, Harikrishna; Joseph, Jibin C.; Raj, R. Krishna // International Journal of Pharma & Bio Sciences;Jul-Sep2010, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p1
Diabetic is a complex metabolic condition that requires meticulous management and a global approach. Poor management and control of diabetes often lead to poor disease outcomes. The management of diabetes and its complications presents an increasing challenge to health care systems throughout...
- The "Trusted Clinician": An Alternative Approach to Worksite Health Promotion? Fabius, Raymond; Frazee, Sharon Glave // American Journal of Health Promotion;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, Special section p1
This article discusses trusted clinicians and their use in health promotion for employers who are attempting to control rising health care costs. The clinician-patient relationship is highly valued by a large majority of Americans. Most patients believe that their clinicians are honest and...
- A Learning Needs Assessment Of Patients with COPD. Carlson, Marny L.; Ivnik, Marie A.; Dierkhising, Ross A.; O'Byrne, Megan M.; Vickers, Kristin S. // MEDSURG Nursing;Aug2006, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p204
A learning needs assessment is an important component of developing effective patient education. In this comparative-descriptive study, researchers examined the perceived learning needs and preferred learning styles of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and the topics...
- Disease Management and the Organization of Physician Practice. Casalino, Lawrence P. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/26/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 4, p485
Describes the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services, a disease management initiative that may impact patient care and the organization of physician practice. Lack of proper treatment for patients with chronic diseases; Description of disease management companies that focus on enabling...
- The Welsh go for health gain. Appleby, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/31/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6801, p486
Reports developments in health care in Great Britain. Role of health authorities in the progress of health care; Establishment of Welsh National Health Service for documents maternal and child health purchases; Significance of Welsh programs.