Work-related pesticide poisoning among farmers in two villages of Southern China: a crosssectional survey
- Be good neighbours when spraying: NFU. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;8/8/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the warning issued by the National Farmers' Union (NFU) about the pesticides sprayed near rural homes. Statement issued by NFU vice-president Michael Paske; Action taken to investigate whether no-spray zones should be brought in around houses; Responsibilities of farmers.
- Correction. // Dakota Farmer;Apr2013, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p13
A correction to the article "Big Sprayer Covers Miles, Acres Fast" that was published in the March 2013 issue is presented.
- Be alert to sprayer speed. // Wallaces Farmer;Aug2014, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p28
The article offers tips on farmers and custom applicators in a wet spraying season in Iowa.
- Always use the full rate. Bechman, Tom J. // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Apr2011, Vol. 208 Issue 4, p11
The article focuses on the importance of full rate spraying to prevent the development of pests and diseases in crops.
- Specification and Estimation of Production Functions Involving Damage Control Inputs: A Two-Stage, Semiparametric Approach. Kuosmanen, Timo; Pemsl, Diemuth; Wesseler, Justus // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;May2006, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p499
Productivity assessment of damage control inputs (such as pesticides) is complicated because their effect depends on the exposure to damage agents (such as pests). We discuss some open specification and estimation issues. The contribution is threefold. First, we elaborate the separability...
- Development of a sprayable slow-release formulation for the sex pheromone of the Mediterranean Corn Borer, Sesamia nonagroides. Vlieger, Jan // Environmentalist;Mar2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p45
In the FAIR project â€œPheromaizeâ€, CT96-1302, the main objective is to provide European growers with a reliable, cost effective and environmentally friendly technology based on pest mating disruption. The project is mainly focused on Mediterranean Corn Borer (MCB), Sesamia...
- First-year success story. Abel, Charles // Crops;4/10/2004, p14
Victory for the Voluntary Initiative in the first year of farmer involvement provides a perfect platform from which to deliver the environmental benefits needed to convince Government to withhold its threatened Â£ 125m pesticides tax, says the Crop Protection Association. Significantly,...
- Critical targets. Blake, Andrew // Crops;2/26/2005, p16
This article reports that the Voluntary Initiative (VI) of Great Britain is the best option for avoiding a pesticides tax. It is also an excellent tool for extracting environmental payments and benchmarking business performance under the all-important single farm payment system. Some farmers...
- Elma YetiÅŸtiriciliÄŸi AlanÄ±nda Ã‡alÄ±ÅŸanlarÄ±n TarÄ±m Ä°laÃ§larÄ± Konusunda Bilgi, Tutum ve DavranÄ±ÅŸlarÄ±. şahin, Günferah; Uskun, Ersin; Ay, Recep; Öğüt, Serdal // TAF Preventive Medicine Bulletin;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p633
AIM: The aims of this study were; to determine incidence of pesticide intoxication among individual who live in homes with farmers and to evaluate the knowledge, attitude and behavior of employees agriculture area about pesticide. METHOD: The study was conducted in six villages in Egirdir and...