FUMEPOC: Early detection of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in smokers
- Prevalence of Airway Obstruction Assessed by Lung Function Questionnaire. Mintz, Matthew L.; Yawn, Barbara P.; Mannino, David M.; Donohue, James F.; Hanania, Nicola A.; Grellet, Catherine A.; Gilsenan, Alicia W.; McLeod, Lori D.; Dalal, Anand A.; Raphiou, Ibrahim H.; Prillaman, Barbara A.; Crater, Glenn D.; Cicale, Michael J.; Mapel, Douglas W. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;May2011, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p375
OBJECTIVE: To estimate the prevalence of unidentified chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and determine the screening accuracy of the Lung Function Questionnaire (LFQ). PATIENTS AND METHODS: Cigarette smokers who had a smoking history of 10 or more pack-years and were aged 30 years or...
- Performance Measures in the Management of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Primary Care - A Retrospective Analysis. Kaufmann, Carla; Markun, Stefan; Hasler, Susann; Lana, Kaba Dalla; Rosemann, Thomas; Senn, Oliver; Steurer-Stey, Claudia // Praxis (16618157);8/19/2015, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p897
Rationale: Adherence to recommendations regarding quality of care for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) improves outcome of patients. Performance measures (PM) reflect the quality of care but information about documentation of PM in primary care, is scant. Aim: To investigate the...
- Nurse-assisted Counseling for Smokers in Primary Care. Hollis, Jack F.; Lichtenstein, Edward; Vogt, Thomas M.; Stevens, Victor J.; Biglan, Anthony // Annals of Internal Medicine;4/1/93, Vol. 118 Issue 7, p521
Provides information on a study which evaluated three nurse-assisted interventions designed to minimize physician burden and increase counseling in primary care settings. Methodology used in the study; Results and conclusion.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation in primary care: an opportunity for patients and professionals. Henderson, Yvonne // Primary Health Care;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p33
The article discusses pulmonary rehabilitation in primary care. The literature defines pulmonary rehabilitation as a comprehensive, multidisciplinary programme of exercise and education designed specifically for people with chronic respiratory disease. It is widely recognized as one of the most...
- Independent Nurse: More emphasis on allergies required. // GP: General Practitioner;6/3/2005, p94
The article informs that primary care respiratory specialists want healthcare professionals to put greater emphasis on allergic symptoms in the management of asthma. The General Practice Airways Group has launched an assessment tool aimed at improving asthma control, which takes into account the...
- Short decision aid improves COPD diagnosis. // Pulse;9/28/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 31, p9
The article reports on the importance of short decision in improving the diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- COPD in Never Smokers. // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Jul2011 Clinical Briefs in Primary, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p13
The article discusses the issue related to primary care, particularly the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in never smokers in the U.S.
- Spirometry: an essential tool for screening, case-finding, and diagnosis of COPD. Sims, Erika J.; Price, David // Primary Care Respiratory Journal;Jun2012, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p128
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the usefulness and cost-effectiveness in providing pre-standard spirometry for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) case-finding, the accuracy of asthma and COPD diagnosis in...
- CORRIGENDUM. // Primary Care Respiratory Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p45
A correction to the article "The use of roflumilast in COPD: a primary care perspective," by David Price, Alison Chisholm, Dermot Ryan, Alan Crockett, Rupert Jones is presented.