Health-related quality of life in French adolescents and adults: norms for the DUKE Health Profile
- Less than awesome film haunts her. Heffern, Rich // National Catholic Reporter;2/4/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p21
This article focuses on the author's views regarding lifestyle in the U.S. Every teenager knows reality now is the leading cause of stress for those in touch with it. In a world where the average fish in the ocean has more mercury in it than a rectal thermometer and Eskimos sunbathe on their new...
- Family Caregiving for Husbands with Stroke: An Occupational Perspective on Leisure in the Stress Process. Kniepmann, Kathy // OTJR: Occupation, Participation & Health;Summer2014, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p131
This study adapted the Stress Process Model with occupational assessments to identify stress, leisure changes, burden levels, and health-related quality of life in 20 caregivers of working-age husbands with mild to moderate stroke in the past 2 years. Primary stress was based on participants'...
- What is life like for young Australians today, and how well are they faring? Smart, Diana; Sanson, Ann // Family Matters;Autumn2005, Issue 70, p46
The article presents a discussion about how young people are coping with the complexity and uncertainty of modern life in Australia. This paper reports the progress and perspectives of 1157 young people aged 19-20 years. Nowadays, however, the period following secondary schooling is often one of...
- Seniors CAN: Community-Based Education to Promote Independence for Older Adults. Collins, Claudia C. // LLI Review;Fall2006, Vol. 1, p60
Seniors CAN is a program that promotes increased mastery and decreased loneliness and stress in older adults. The interactive educational format encourages participants to integrate one skill they learn in each class into their daily lives. The improvement in participants' levels of mental...
- Quality of life in childhood and adolescence: from concept to practice. Lakić, Aneta // Vojnosanitetski Pregled: Military Medical & Pharmaceutical Journ;Mar2012, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p257
No abstract available.
- Life Acts, I React. Lige, Terry // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Nov2002, Issue 241, p16
States that the quality of life is not nearly as dependent on external events as it is on internal responses. Ways in which different people react to pressure; Importance of making good decisions and exercising sound behavior; Determination of how choice will either empower a person or diminish...
- Are We Building Stress into Our Lives? // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Jan/Feb2013 Organic Connections, p3
In this article, the author discusses about the affect of stress development over the life of individuals.
- Message from the Editor. Yueh-Hsia Tseng // Journal of Nursing Research (Taiwan Nurses Association);Sep2007, Vol. 15 Issue 3, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on quality of life and another on stresses faced by parents of children diagnosed with Tourette syndrome.
- Wellness programs: A review of the evidence. Watt, Denise; Verma, Sarita; Flynn, Lesie // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;01/27/98, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p224
Presents a review of studies that have examined an association between wellness programs and improvements in quality of life to assess the strength of the scientific evidence. Data sources; Study selection; Data extraction; Data synthesis; Conclusions; Chart showing characteristics of eleven...