Using spatial analysis to demonstrate the heterogeneity of the cardiovascular drugprescribing pattern in Taiwan
- GIS - an imperative tool for healthcare planning. Baig, Mirza Abdul Aleem // Technology Times;10/27/2014, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p2
The author discusses the use of Geographic Information System (GIS) as a tool for healthcare planning in Pakistan.
- Right Place, Right Time. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on the use of Geographic Information System (GIS) technology in medical care in Springfield, Massachusetts. Background development of the GIS technology; Support of the United States Center for Disease Control and National Cancer Institute for the software development; Impact on health...
- Campaign launch on script charges. // Pulse;7/14/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 28, p4
Reports on a proposal to update a list of exempt medical conditions for prescription charges in Great Britain.
- Response to 'Repeat prescribing = hassle'. Bolton, J. P.G. // British Journal of General Practice;Oct2013, Vol. 63 Issue 615, p518
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "repeat prescribing = hassle" in the previous issue.
- U.S. HEALTHCARE SPENDING JUMPS 8.7 PERCENT. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb2003, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p22
Reports on an increase in the healthcare spending in the United States in 2001. Finding that prescription drugs and hospital stays are the primary drivers of the increase; Decrease in prescriptrion drug spending; Factors accounting for the increase in Medicaid spending.
- Local formularies and good patient care. Turner, Paul // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/4/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6414, p348
Focuses on the aspects of drug prescriptions and patient care in Great Britain. Complexities on drug prescription with the increasing number of drugs and information; Relevance of local formularies in avoiding prescription complexities; Issues on the use of local formularies.
- Independent Nurse: Professional - Workplace - Practical prescribing. Courtenay, Molly // GP: General Practitioner;3/19/2010, p45
The article provides an answer to a question on independent/supplementary prescribing training programme.
- Defining rational hospital catchments for non-urban areas based on travel-time. Schuurman, Nadine; Fiedler, Robert S.; Grzybowski, Stefan C. W.; Grund, Darrin // International Journal of Health Geographics;2006, Vol. 5, p43
Background: Cost containment typically involves rationalizing healthcare service delivery through centralization of services to achieve economies of scale. Hospitals are frequently the chosen site of cost containment and rationalization especially in rural areas. Socio-demographic and geographic...
- A Spatial Heterogeneity Perspective in Analyzing Cancer Mortality Distribution Using GIS. BAGARINAO, RICARDO T. // IAMURE International Journal of Ecology & Conservation;Mar2015, Vol. 14, p32
An ecological spatial variation analysis of cancer incidence and mortality is increasingly important, as cancer has become a major cause of death across the globe. Using the concept of spatial heterogeneity as analytical framework, a spatial distribution analysis that used GIS was conducted for...