Characteristics of tuberculosis patients at intake in Cambodia, two provinces in China, and Viet Nam
- Persistent High Incidence of Tuberculosis in Immigrants in a Low-Incidence Country. Lillebaek, Troels; Andersen, Ase B.; Dirksen, Asger; Smith, Else; Skovgaard, Lene T.; Kok-Jensen, Axel // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Jul2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p679
Focuses on the study which examined the persistent high incidence of tuberculosis (TB) in immigrants in Denmark. Methodology; Trends in TB incidence related to duration of residence; Implications for policy of on-arrival-only screening.
- Renewed efforts toward TB control. Hines, Silvia E. // Patient Care;2/28/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p37
Presents information on tuberculosis (TB). Factors which make TB a continuing public health concern; Management of latent TB; Management of active TB.
- Isparta Merkez Ä°lÃ§e Verem SavaÅŸÄ± Dispanseri'nde kayÄ±tlÄ± tÃ¼berkÃ¼loz vakalarÄ±nÄ±n Ã¶zellikleri ve dispanser kayÄ±tlarÄ±nÄ±n yeterlilik durumu: 2000-2007... Zengin, Erman; Kişioğlu, Ahmet Nesimi; Sönmez, Yonca // Medical Journal of Suleyman Demirel University;Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p14
At first, the evaluation of the potential case suppose to De considered for me control or the chronic, infectious and rapidly showing an increase, high incidence, disable and malignant diseases. The registry studies play an important role in the evaluation of the situation. Although Tuberculosis...
- Postgraduate Study Guide. // Pulmonary Reviews;Sep2010, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p9
A quiz about tuberculosis is presented.
- Overweight Adults Have Lower Tuberculosis Risk. // Pulmonary Reviews;Aug2007, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p24
The article discusses research on obesity and tuberculosis. It references a study by Chi C. Leung , et. al. in the June 25, 2007 issue of the "Archives of Internal Medicine." The study found out that obese or overweight people may be at significantly lower risk for active pulmonary tuberculosis....
- The fight against TB. // Current Health 1;Dec97, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p20
Presents information about tuberculosis (TB). Treatment of TB; Its signs and symptoms; One of the main reason for TB's comeback. INSETS: How TB attacks the lungs;Getting a TB test.
- Contact tracing and population screening for tuberculosis - who should be assessed? B.R. Underwood; V.L.C. White; T. Baker; M. Law; J.C. Moore-Gillon // Journal of Public Health Medicine;Mar2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p59
Background The aim of the study was to investigate the relative effectiveness of four strategies in detecting and preventing tuberculosis: contact tracing of smear-positive pulmonary disease, of smear-negative pulmonary disease and of non-pulmonary disease, and screening new entrants. Methods An...
- Increase in extrapulmonary tuberculosis in England and Wales 1999â€“2006. M E Kruijshaar // Thorax;Dec2009, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p1090
BACKGROUND: Extrapulmonary tuberculosis appears to be increasing in England and Wales. The trends in extrapulmonary tuberculosis and factors associated with these trends were examined. METHODS: National tuberculosis surveillance data from 1999â€“2006 for England and Wales were used,...
- Joint meetings: Exchange of ideas and knowledge advancement. Al-Jahdali, Hamdan // Annals of Thoracic Medicine;Jan-Mar2007, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
The article previews the Saudi Thoracic Society (STS) Annual Scientific Meeting, to be held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from March 20 to 22, 2007. It will be the first joint meeting between the STS and the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. These joint meetings offer...