Prevalence of obesity and associated risk factors among adults in Kinondoni municipal district, Dar es Salaam Tanzania
- A Better Index of Body Adiposity. Bergman, Richard N. // Obesity (19307381);Jun2012, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1135
The author discusses various comments on their paper "A Better Index of Body Adiposity," which was published in the May 2011 issue.
- Understanding emotional overeating. MacDonald, Pat // Practice Nurse;10/24/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p31
The article addresses the issue of obesity in Great Britain. According to the Government's Foresight report, "Tackling Obesities: Future Choices," 1 in 4 adults and 1 in 10 children are obese, and by 2050 almost 9 in 10 adults and two-thirds of children will be obese, unless something changes....
- Women of higher socio-economic status are more likely to be overweight in Karnataka, India. Griffiths, P.; Bentley, M. // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Oct2005, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p1217
This study explores differences in body mass index (BMI), diet, and lifestyle between women of varying socio-economic status in Karnataka, India, using data from the National Family Health Survey 2 (n=4374), in-depth interviews (n=20) and six focus group discussions (n=40) completed in...
- Ungrateful patient can go get stuffed. // Personnel Today;3/29/2005, p48
The article presents information about an obesity patient in Great Britain. The man has been removed from his house by crane. He is 52 and weighs 45 stones. His body mass index (BMI) is 89. For anyone who doesn't know about BMI, the norm is 20-25. He hasn't walked for two years, and it takes...
- LETTERS-TO-THE-EDITOR. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);11/21/2003, Issue 208, p2
The author opines that obesity is not a disease in any usual sense of that term. He believes that like IQs, metabolisms vary, and it is much more difficult for some people, because of their metabolism, to maintain normal weight than it is for others. He says that people with a metabolic tendency...
- Obesity crisis as the nation goes from fat to worse. Carey, Dorothy; Robotham, Julie // Nutridate;Mar2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the obesity crisis in Australia as of March 2004. Comparison on the obese population from 1989-1995 and 1995-2001; Percentage of men aged 60-69 that were considered morbidly obese in 2001; Body mass index of a morbidly obese person.
- OBESITY -- Issues and Implications. Arnhold, Robert W.; Auxter, David A. // Palaestra;Winter2004, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on issues and implications concerning obesity. Annual cost of obesity in the U.S.; Example of a Federal public policy initiative against obesity; Percentage of adults who are considered obese.
- About that beer belly ... // Active Living: Newsletters;May2008, p26
The article reports that researchers from Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women's Hospital have confirmed that having a big belly is more closely related to health problems than obesity in general. According to a study of more than 44,000 women, those with waist larger than 35 inches were...
- THE OBESITY CULTURE: STRATEGIES FOR CHANGE Public health and university-community partnerships. Johnston, Francis E.; Harkavy, Ira // International Journal of Body Composition Research;2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article presents information related to the obesity culture explained in the "International Journal of Body Composition Research." It is noted that the articles are upon practical experience based on projects in Philadelphia, conditions in Central American countries, and public health...